1. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 19:121 edit
    Originally posted by serigado
    what?
    I didn't quite understand what you said... Now I'm thinking you said something really stupid, it must be my bad english. You are saying there was a purpose for christians being more fertile then other beliefs?
    Step back from the seething mass of humanity on this little rock of ours.

We are sure that the basics are that if someone is born who a) has all the traits of survival to successfully reproduce and to a lesser extent b) has enough 'luck' to survive long enough; will reproduce.
    The margins between success and failure can be tiny.

Look at your family tree and you will soon see what I mean.

Now, what is the margin between someone who has a set of beliefs that give them 'robustness' (however falsely, in your view); and someone who has fractionally less will power to survive?

Now my difficulty here is in tracking down these differences; EG the religion who thought God was on that comet and killed themselves was marks off the religious side, whereas the stories about people who survive plane crashes etc and say 'God led me out' must have had some sense that firstly led them out, and also that they attributed to God. I'm wandering off the point.
    Essentially the differences that allow more fertility also mark more success in an evolutionary sense. Less sublte for example is the Catholic Church refusal to countenance contraception. It doesn't matter how fair or unfair it all is, what counts is numbers on the ground in the long run....

is that any clearer?
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 19:25
    what?
    I didn't quite understand what you said... Now I'm thinking you said something really stupid, it must be my bad english. You are saying there was a purpose for christians being more fertile then other beliefs?
    Absolutely not. Christianity had a boost start when the Roman emperor (Constatine?) declared his whole kingdom Christian.

It also diluted Christianity, for to get the new faith to take roots he had to make consessions such as Christmas, Easter, etc.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 14:103 edits
    If he is in the antipode of Mecca? (i guess somewhere in the French Polynesia, in the middle of the pacific). Anyplace where he can turn (tangent to the surface) is equally close to Mecca, or must he turn down, into the floor (i guess this is the closest straight line)?
    Quran says:

(Nobel-Translation)(2-Al-Baqarah)
    (115. And to Allâh belong the east and the west, so wherever you turn yourselves or your faces there is the Face of Allâh -and He is High above, over His Throne-. Surely! Allâh is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knowing. )

later on Quran says ......

(142. The fools -pagans, hypocrites, and Jews- among the people will say, "What has turned them -Muslims- from their Qiblah -prayer direction -towards Jerusalem-- to which they were used to face in prayer." Say, -O Muhammad - "To Allâh belong both, east and the west. He guides whom He wills to a Straight Way." )

(143. Thus We have made you -true Muslims - real believers of Islâmic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah -legal ways--, a Wasat -just- -and the best- nation, that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger -Muhammad - be a witness over you. And We made the Qiblah -prayer direction towards Jerusalem- which you used to face, only to test those who followed the Messenger -Muhammad - from those who would turn on their heels -i.e. disobey the Messenger-. Indeed it was great -heavy- except for those whom Allâh guided. And Allâh would never make your faith -prayers- to be lost -i.e. your prayers offered towards Jerusalem-. Truly, Allâh is full of kindness, the Most Merciful towards mankind. )

-----------

So :

1- The Qubla issue (direction of prayer) was only to test those who followed the Messenger -Muhammad - from those who would turn on their heels. It is to detect hypocrites. So there is nothing special about any direction except it is an order from Allah.

2- Allah clearly say that any direction is valid. So we Muslim if we are not able to detect Qubla direction, we pray in any direction.

3- So to answer your question any direction will be valid , but if there a Muslim community in this area I think it is good that they choose one direction and they all follow it. Just to be united.

4- Questions like this are already answered 1400 years ago.

Also Quran Says:

(Nobel-Translation)(64. At-Tagabun)(16. So keep your duty to Allâh and fear Him as much as you can; listen and obey; and spend in charity, that is better for yourselves. And whosoever is saved from his own covetousness, then they are the successful ones.)

So we Muslims do as much as we can to submit ourselves to Allah. And we know that Allah didn't create us to make our lives impossible.

--------------------------------

I hope that I answered your question.

Regards

---------------------
    EDIT: Of course I don't expect any one to read or understand what I said here, specially after the comments that has been said here.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 14:20
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Quran say:

(Nobel-Translation)(2-Al-Baqarah)
    (115. And to Allâh belong the east and the west, so wherever you turn yourselves or your faces there is the Face of Allâh -and He is High above, over His Throne-. Surely! Allâh is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knowing. )

later on Quran say ......

(142. The fools -pagans, hypocrites, and J ...[text shortened]... ead or understand what I said here, specially after the comments that has been said here.
    Perfect answer, thank you.
    The intention matters, not the actual physical realization of the act.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree