1. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    6676
    14 Sep '05 01:491 edit
    I'm curious about some fundamentalist answers to some genesis questions.
    1. Is adam in heaven or hell? Was he ever forgiven?
    Maybe neither, since he was returned to dust?

    2. Where is Eden? Genesis did not say that it was destroyed, rather guarded from trespass by some barrier (flaming sword I think). So why can't we find it, if not enter it?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    14 Sep '05 03:02
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    I'm curious about some fundamentalist answers to some genesis questions.
    1. Is adam in heaven or hell? Was he ever forgiven?
    Maybe neither, since he was returned to dust?

    2. Where is Eden? Genesis did not say that it was destroyed, rather guarded from trespass by some barrier (flaming sword I think). So why can't we find it, if not enter it?
    I am sure that the guard left and it was wiped out during the flood.
  3. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Joined
    23 May '05
    Moves
    19603
    14 Sep '05 03:03
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    I'm curious about some fundamentalist answers to some genesis questions.
    1. Is adam in heaven or hell? Was he ever forgiven?
    Maybe neither, since he was returned to dust?

    2. Where is Eden? Genesis did not say that it was destroyed, rather guarded from trespass by some barrier (flaming sword I think). So why can't we find it, if not enter it?
    1 couldn't have been that bothered didn't he let him live for 930 years??

    2 Some early Christian fathers and late classical authors suggested it could lie in Mongolia or India or Ethiopia. They based their theories quite sensibly on the known antiquity of those regions, and on the notion that the mysterious Pison and Gihon were to be associated with those other two great rivers of the ancient world, the Nile and the Ganges.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39559
    14 Sep '05 03:17
    Originally posted by leestatic
    1 couldn't have been that bothered didn't he let him live for 930 years??

    2 Some early Christian fathers and late classical authors suggested it could lie in Mongolia or India or Ethiopia. They based their theories quite sensibly on the known antiquity of those regions, and on the notion that the mysterious Pison and Gihon were to be associated with those other two great rivers of the ancient world, the Nile and the Ganges.
    How about those "mysterious" rivers the Tigris and Euphrates?? Aren't they still in Iraq?
  5. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    14 Sep '05 04:00
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How about those "mysterious" rivers the Tigris and Euphrates?? Aren't they still in Iraq?
    Dubya is having them moved to his back yard.
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    8818
    14 Sep '05 04:15
    Adam is in the place Moses is in. Eden was corrupted by the curse and destroyed by the flood?
  7. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Joined
    16 Feb '03
    Moves
    21533
    14 Sep '05 08:12
    http://www.timeforchess.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=19652
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    14 Sep '05 09:13
    ADAM IN THE GARDEN PINNING LEAVES
    cho: Oh Eve, where's Adam? (3x)
    Adam in the garden pinning leaves.
    Well, I know my God is a man of war,
    Adam in the garden pinning leaves.
    He fought the battle at the Jericho wall,
    Adam in the garden pinning leaves.
    Well, the first time God called, Adam refused to answer,
    Adam in the garden pinning leaves,
    Well, the first time God called, Adam refused to answer,
    Adam in the garden pinning leaves,
    The next time God called, God hollered louder,
    Adam in the garden pinning leaves,
    The next time God called, God hollered louder,
    Adam in the garden pinning leaves.
  9. Meddling with things
    Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    58590
    14 Sep '05 11:22
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I am sure that the guard left and it was wiped out during the flood.
    Doesn't say that in the bible. You just made that up. Where is your evidence?
  10. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11825
    14 Sep '05 11:25
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Doesn't say that in the bible. You just made that up. Where is your evidence?
    There is ample evidence of a world wide flood.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    14 Sep '05 11:31
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    There is ample evidence of a world wide flood.
    Lay it on me.
  12. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11825
    14 Sep '05 11:39
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Lay it on me.
    Ever heard of fossils?
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    14 Sep '05 11:44
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Ever heard of fossils?
    Quit the condescension and tell me straight about your evidence for the Flood. If your evidence contains unfamiliar words, I shall reach for my handy dictionary. Now do go on and make your point about fossils.
  14. Shetland Primary
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11825
    14 Sep '05 11:541 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Quit the condescension and tell me straight about your evidence for the Flood. If your evidence contains unfamiliar words, I shall reach for my handy dictionary. Now do go on and make your point about fossils.
    Fossilization requires rapid burial. Yet such burial is exceedingly rare today, and fossilization is almost non-existent in modern times. The existence of massive numbers of fossils worldwide is clear evidence of quick, deep, mass burial. A global flood catastrophe would offer conditions most ideal to the location of great numbers of fossils. The fossils give evidence that the animals were killed suddenly.

    Hugh Miller wrote decades ago that the entire British Isles are underlaid by billions of fish fossils, not laid down by normal sedimentary deposits, but many of these have arched backs distended gills, open mouths as if trying to get oxygen but caught with silt in their gills instead and destroyed by the billions by a cataclysmic sedimentary context. This would take a world wide flood.

    See:http://www.layevangelism.com/advtxbk/sections/sect-10/sec10-5.htm
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39559
    14 Sep '05 18:56
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Fossilization requires rapid burial. Yet such burial is exceedingly rare today, and fossilization is almost non-existent in modern times. The existence of massive numbers of fossils worldwide is clear evidence of quick, deep, mass burial. A global flood catastrophe would offer conditions most ideal to the location of great numbers of fossils. The fossils g ...[text shortened]... ake a world wide flood.

    See:http://www.layevangelism.com/advtxbk/sections/sect-10/sec10-5.htm
    It's obvious you don't even know what a fossil is or you wouldn't make a moronic statement like "fossilization is almost non-existent in modern times" No duh.
Back to Top