1. Connecticut
    Moves
    14 Sep '05 18:58
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    I'm curious about some fundamentalist answers to some genesis questions.
    1. Is adam in heaven or hell? Was he ever forgiven?
    Maybe neither, since he was returned to dust?

2. Where is Eden? Genesis did not say that it was destroyed, rather guarded from trespass by some barrier (flaming sword I think). So why can't we find it, if not enter it?

From a Catholic standpoint: Adam would have been forgiven, on the second day of Christ's death. As was everyone who was alive and died before Christ. (And everyone, for that matter, in general.)

Of course, I'm not a fundamentalist, and I believe in evolution; not in the literal "adam" sense; but as Genesis being a parable -- especially creation.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '05 20:23
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    I'm curious about some fundamentalist answers to some genesis questions.
    Maybe neither, since he was returned to dust?

2. Where is Eden? Genesis did not say that it was destroyed, rather guarded from trespass by some barrier (flaming sword I think). So why can't we find it, if not enter it?
    According to the bible, Adam is dead and buried. He is not in either heaven nor hell. He is in the same place all dead people go to....in the ground.

Was he forgiven ?..I don't know...

As far as Eden...I don't know. But I do know that it is gaurded by angels, so no, no one can enter.
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    15 Sep '05 23:24
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    According to the bible, Adam is dead and buried. He is not in either heaven nor hell. He is in the same place all dead people go to....in the ground.

As far as Eden...I don't know. But I do know that it is gaurded by angels, so no, no one can enter.
    Eden was guarded by Cherubims and a flaming sword which turned every way. Cherub is singular. There are at least two of that order of angels guarding Eden.
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 06:43
    Originally posted by checkbaiter

By replying that Eden is gaurded by angels, do u mean u believe in God too? I mean, if u believe in angels, u should believe in their Creator as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree