1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 04:28
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    the path of faith hasn't proven to be of any use.
    As a half-brother of Jesus, James said, "Faith without works is dead."
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 07:191 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It had nothing to do with him about to die or not dying. It was because of
    his love for his daughter and not wanting to disappoint her in my opinion.
    I'm sorry but ... what?!

Since when has "not wanting to disappoint someone" been an appropriate anecdote for the basis of [an atheist] turning to Christ?

If you want to troll here please try harder.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 07:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm sorry but ... what?!

Since when has "not wanting to disappoint someone" been an appropriate anecdote for the basis of [an atheist] turning to Christ?

If you want to troll here please try harder.
    You did not pick up on the word "love" - a very powerful force indeed.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 07:28
    You did not pick up on the word "love" - a very powerful force indeed.
    I did see the word love, as in the man's love for his daughter.

Do you think that not wanting to disappoint another person is an appropriate motive for turning to Christ?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 07:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I did see the word love, as in the man's love for his daughter.

Do you think that not wanting to disappoint another person is an appropriate motive for turning to Christ?
    I do not know what the ultimate reason that he turned to Christ, but the
    initial turn appears to me to be his love for his daughter and when she
    interpreted the sign different than what he had meant, he became to
    emotional to tell here of his true intentions. Maybe it was not wanting
    her to be disappointed in him that was the real reason, I don't really
    know. I can only speculate.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 08:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    But that's not how it goes in the real world. You have scores of people who fervently pray and you know what? They die anyway. They die at the same rate and under the same circumstances as everyone else. The universe behaves exactly as if there were no god.
    On the contrary. The universe behaves exactly the way God causes it to behave. The problem with those who deny the existence of God is that they think man has nothing to say about it.

Everyone prays not to die when struck with life threatening situations. It is man's fault that life threatening situations exist. Failure to acknowledge that fact is the cause of further confusion.

There are no guarantees for anyone, except of eternal life when this one is over.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 09:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    On the contrary. The universe behaves exactly the way God causes it to behave. The problem with those who deny the existence of God is that they think man has nothing to say about it.

Everyone prays not to die when struck with life threatening situations. It is man's fault that life threatening situations exist. Failure to acknowledge that fact is the cau ...[text shortened]... confusion.

There are no guarantees for anyone, except of eternal life when this one is over.
    everybody?
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 09:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And this is why you will never receive your precious proof.

You must come to Him through faith. Any other path is useless. Your decision must be your own free will choice, so that you cannot claim that you were tricked into rejecting Him.

Release yourself from your pride. It is what condemns you.
    but even if you go to god with your heart open, you still dont know because there are lots of people of other faiths that have turned to god. somebody somewhere is deluded. there is no way of telling who's right and who's wrong until after death.
    you maybe proven right, but right now you have no way of knowing for a 100% that you are right.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 10:03
    Evolutionary scientist don't keep not knowing the truth about something
    from stopping them. They just guess about and make up things that they
    wish to be true.
    you are right, scientists dont know 100%, thats why its called a theory. they have done millions of tests, they have collected data, samples and experiments. they have watched nature in actions, they have recreated it labs and all the information seems to point in the same direction. so they are almost sure that it is correct, but it is still just a theory.

I would have a lot more respect for a christian who said they THINK god exists, rather than they KNOW.....i guess that means i should call myself an agnostic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree