1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 06:52
    There are 2 types of atheists.

offensive and non-offensive.

The non-offensive type of atheist is for example a student at school who is so busy with their school life and after school life that they really don't consider their atheism at all and if asked if they are a atheist they will say yes - but they do not have any argument and do not have any immediate pressing concern to defend their stance.

The offensive atheist is usually an intellectual and often involved in science directly or indirectly and they have all their usual scientific arguments and excuses to not accept an intelligent directive agent behind the workings of the universe and their lives.

The offensive atheist is offensive because they insult the intelligence of honest people claiming that complex conscious life was produced from a non complex environment of mud in a puddle......even though they cannot repeat this in their well equipped labs.

They also insult the intelligence of the honest person by claiming that the universe and the complex balance of the cosmos came about by something exploding and they never add that this occurrence is under the control of a superior intelligent agent........but it was a random act luck.

These are the 2 types of atheists - and honest persons reject their claims.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 07:161 edit
    Yet another Dasa thread in which he asserts that other posters are liars and that he is telling the "truth".
  3. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 21:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yet another Dasa thread in which he asserts that other posters are liars and that he is telling the "truth".
    I agree with Dasa to the point that the Creator is God (The God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob of the Bible)

I have to add this.....
    You also get the type of atheist who does not believe in God but believes that there was "a helping hand" involved at some point in time. They often refer to them as either a god, the real God or aliens.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 22:00
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I agree with Dasa to the point that the Creator is God (The God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob of the Bible)

I have to add this.....
    You also get the type of atheist who does not believe in God but believes that there was "a helping hand" involved at some point in time. They often refer to them as either a god, the real God or aliens.
    If someone believes in a god or gods then they are a theist.
    And thus not, by definition, an atheist.

There is no type of atheist who believes that there was a god or real god,
    because then they wouldn't be an atheist.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 22:44
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    If someone believes in a god or gods then they are a theist.
    And thus not, by definition, an atheist.

There is no type of atheist who believes that there was a god or real god,
    because then they wouldn't be an atheist.
    Perhaps he's thinking of the 18th century usage of 'atheism', where it frequently meant someone who didn't believe in the right god.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 14:47
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Perhaps he's thinking of the 18th century usage of 'atheism', where it frequently meant someone who didn't believe in the right god.
    18th century? Sounds to me like that is what they think it is even in century 21. And 22 and 23, etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree