1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 19:19
    I've been thinking about this trinity godhead God that so many worship and love.
    Always trying to figure out how they would actually work from a humans standpoint and just can't wrap my mind around it.
    I guess that's the mystery part of it.
    But thinking about this odd spirit being and how they would interact and how they would even treat each other seems strange to me from how the Bible describes each one.
    I think if I could be one of those parts of this godhead, it would be the Father part.
    First he seems to know all there is to know where the other two parts are somewhat in the dark at times and that really confuses me as the explination of them according to most religions is that they are "all knowing all powerful, etc, etc," or something along those lines.
    So considering that, why is the Father the only one who "knows the day and hour" when armegeddon will happen? The bible specifically says "not even the son knows" and does not even mention the holy spirit at all. I guess that part knows even less then the Jesus part? Who knows because of that mystery issue.
    And that lowly holy spirit part of this godhead. I guess it's lower then the other two, it is never even given a name, no one has ever seen it even though the Bible mentions it being in the presence of humans and may possibly even have bad eye sight. When the Father created the earth the bible says the holy spirit came down to earth to go "to and fro over the surface of the waters" to inspect the progress and maybe report this back to the Father? Could it not see from heaven where he other two parts of this godhead are at? Or maybe it was the one part of the three that had to do all the actual foot work? Again who knows because again of this mystery trinity issue?
    I guess I'm not open minded enough or enlightend enough to get it. But then in my 57 years on this earth I really don't think anyone else gets it either. For every person I've ever talked to or things I've read, no two answers are ever the same.
    And it almost never fails that when I don't understand the answers given because it doesn't agree with the bible and simply ask a few more questions ( which they can't answer) and they have to start to dig a little deeper to try to explain this trinity, they "always, always, always ,start to get mad. What's up with that?
    Must still be that mystery issue that gets frustrating to them. I'd sure hate to believe in something I can't explain......
  2. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 19:37
    A Jehovah's Witness trying to employ sarcasm to point out flaws in the Trinity.

Good times.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 19:411 edit
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    A Jehovah's Witness trying to employ sarcasm to point out flaws in the Trinity.

Good times.
    this calls for some Jimi

YouTube
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 19:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    this calls for some Jimi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDSE7tnVdFg
    what a nice surprise i was expecting krankie.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 20:12
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what a nice surprise i was expecting krankie.
    plueeeeeze
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 20:39
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I've been thinking about this trinity godhead God that so many worship and love.
    Always trying to figure out how they would actually work from a humans standpoint and just can't wrap my mind around it.
    But thinking about this odd spirit being and how they would interact and how they would even treat each othe ...[text shortened]... ting to them. I'd sure hate to believe in something I can't explain......
    I'd sure hate to believe in something I can't explain......

Physician, heal thyself.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 21:24
    But thinking about this odd spirit being and how they would interact and how they would even treat each othe ...[text shortened]... ting to them. I'd sure hate to believe in something I can't explain......
    We believe in many things all the time that we can't explain. So what makes the Trinity issue any different? We have the choice to believe or not. There is no need to explain everything in detail. That is were belief and faith comes in to the equation.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 21:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We believe in many things all the time that we can't explain. So what makes the Trinity issue any different? We have the choice to believe or not. There is no need to explain everything in detail. That is were belief and faith comes in to the equation.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    Yes, don't dare use your own mind, just follow the bleating herd.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 22:38
    "There is no need to explain everything in detail."

Good excuse for the trinity isn't it? Can't be explained or proven in the Bible so just let it slide and after all who really cares? As long as you have faith, you are in no matter what you believe!!!"

Not a teaching in the Bible. Remember the "little leaven" advice?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 22:541 edit
    "There is no need to explain everything in detail."

Good excuse for the trinity isn't it? Can't be explained or proven in the Bible so just let it slide and after all who really cares? As long as you have faith, you are in no matter what you believe!!!"

Not a teaching in the Bible. Remember the "little leaven" advice?
    That "there is no need to explain everything in detail" is no worse an excuse for trinitarianism as it is for pretty much your entire JW arsenal of doctrine. After all, you have told me explicitly before that you lean not on your own understanding but just follow whatever the bible says (of course, this stance is presumably self-defeating, since you lean on your own understanding to arrive at some interpretation of the bible in the first place). So, basically, you do what the bible says despite your inability to explain in detail why those precepts are worth following (supposing they are). You "abstain" from blood since you think God commands it. Can you explain in detail the reasons why God commands this, specifically wherein it relates to cases in which, say, blood transfusion would be medically helpful based on the available evidence? Please list all these reasons and explain them in detail.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jun '13 23:131 edit
    But thinking about this odd spirit being and how they would interact and how they would even treat each othe ting to them. I'd sure hate to believe in something I can't explain......
    i remember not long ago you mentioning that you had NEVER posted anything along the lines that " 'God' works in mysterious ways', and while i realize that that's not exactly what you're doing here, you are certainly alluding to it. So which is it? ( Does "God" 'work in mysterious ways or not? - a 'yes' or 'no' will suffice)
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 00:50
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    i remember not long ago you mentioning that you had NEVER posted anything along the lines that " 'God' works in mysterious ways', and while i realize that that's not exactly what you're doing here, you are certainly alluding to it. So which is it? ( Does "God" 'work in mysterious ways or not? - a 'yes' or 'no' will suffice)
    No I'm actually referring to those who believe in the trinity and who usually answer this mystery thing along with it when they try to explain it.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '13 01:00
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    That "there is no need to explain everything in detail" is no worse an excuse for trinitarianism as it is for pretty much your entire JW arsenal of doctrine. After all, you have told me explicitly before that you lean not on your own understanding but just follow whatever the bible says (of course, this stance is presumably self-defeating, since you lean ...[text shortened]... based on the available evidence? Please list all these reasons and explain them in detail.
    To make it clear no we do not lean on our own understandings on spiritual things. If we did, we would be like all other religions that are "always searching but never finding" as the bible describes them.
    To clear this up because I know what is next is how do we make mistakes that has happened in the past? As was explained in many other post about this is we are not perfect and have never claimed to be and are constantly being fed new and clearer knowledge by God just as he said would happen during the last days. If we make mistakes it is because we have not been fed this info by God yet.
    Jehovah in his time table works thru his holy spirit to teach those humans he uses to despence this food to the flock just as he did in the early congregations. This is where we get our understandings from, not from our own opinions.

If you wish to discuss blood transfusions, you are wecome to start a new thread on that. This thread is not on that subject.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree