1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '12 05:181 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it's really telling. some douche comes along and states something flippant, but since it apologizes for or defends the biblegod, the supporters of biblegod think it's some kind of wise words of a master.

let's examine the lack of substance here:

"Knowing God without knowing our own wretchedness makes for pride."

no. this is a fiat declaration, s are actually true without being proven. it's the misguided "faith" thing at work.
    I agree with a lot of what you post but not this; not from my pov anyway.

it's really telling. some douche comes along and states something flippant, but since it apologizes for or defends the biblegod, the supporters of biblegod think it's some kind of wise words of a master.

Firstly believing in God/being a theist does not make someone a "douche". Your somewhat lazy generalisation hijacks the rest of your post for me, but I'll address it anyway. GB can be a bit of a douche (we all can), but I liked the quote he posted (that you used here), it meant something to me - not that I felt that I needed to make a "flippant comment" about it and I certainly don't see him as a "master". Secondly most theists here spend their time debating the areas they disagree on and certinaly not sychophanting with each others flippant statements.

so what we have is a mess of jumbled words having no meaning other than to support an existing dogma.

That it is meaningless to you is your reality which is fine for you.

all those who are slaves of the dogma will immediately believe that all these things are actually true without being proven. it's the misguided "faith" thing at work

Many are "slaves of a dogma" - I agree with you. But they won't "immediately believe" anything another poster says - don't you read all the agruments/debates betwen the various theists here?

As for holding a "misguided faith" - well that remains to be seen.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '12 06:182 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester

[b]it's really telling. some douche comes along and states something flippant, but since it apologizes for or defends the biblegod, the supporters of biblegod think it's some kind of wise words of a master.

Firstly believing in God/being a theist does not make someone a ere?

As for holding a "misguided faith" - well that remains to be seen.[/b]
    "As for holding a "misguided faith" - well that remains to be seen."

Or not seen. The disbelievers in an afterlife will never see that they were right. And if the disbelievers are right, the believers in an afterlife will never see that they were right, and they won't even see that they were wrong. But let us please not drift into Pascal's Wager.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    27 Jul '12 17:36
    Originally posted by divegeester

Firstly believing in God/being a theist does not make someone a "do ...[text shortened]... is a mess of jumbled words having no meaning other than to support an existing dogma.[/b]
    i was referring to blaise pascal as the douche with the flippant comment. grampy bobby has no relevance to the discussion since he has not participated.

it is meaningless since it does not convey any sense of truth or reality. it is something that reinforces an existing dogma and nothing more. it will have meaning only to those who believe the dogma. it does not make BP wise or insightful in anyway.

Many are "slaves of a dogma" - I agree with you. But they won't "immediately believe" anything another poster says - don't you read all the agruments/debates betwen the various theists here?

those are debates between theists of differing dogmas.

As for holding a "misguided faith" - well that remains to be seen.

this is seen on a regular basis, daily.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jul '12 20:011 edit
    i was referring to blaise pascal as the douche with the flippant comment. grampy bobby has no relevance to the discussion since he has not participated.

it is meaningless since it does not convey any sense of truth or reality. it is something that reinforces an exi aith" - well that remains to be seen.[/quote]

this is seen on a regular basis, daily.
    Yes, "misguided faith" is common to all of us. Your "misguided faith" can only be overcome by "true faith" in Christ the Lord. It is the truth of Christ that can set you free from your "misguided faith" in the Atheistic religious doctrine we call evolution. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 00:20
    Ah I see. That piece makes more sense now, thanks for clarifing.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    28 Jul '12 01:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, "misguided faith" is common to all of us. Your "misguided faith" can only be overcome by "true faith" in Christ the Lord. It is the truth of Christ that can set you free from your "misguided faith" in the Atheistic religious doctrine we call evolution. 🙄

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
    wow. just about every sentence you uttered here is absurd.

come to think of it, i would be worried if you ever started to make sense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree