1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 00:15
    Samson victory in death just like Jesus.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 06:12
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Samson victory in death just like Jesus.
    Not really. In fact not at all. Can you explain?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 06:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You would do well to pay attention to the accuracy of statement, the numerous Biblical references used to substantiate the reasoning, the scholarly research and deductive reasoning used in eliminating other candidates to the prophetic title and a willingness not to go beyond what is written with speculative reasoning and extra Biblical teachings.
    I'm just replying to the text in your post. That is clearly what it says and I was recognising it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 09:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm just replying to the text in your post. That is clearly what it says and I was recognising it.
    Then i suggest you read it again or ask someone for help.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 10:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Then i suggest you read it again or ask someone for help.
    I think there are some really good scripturally sounds points about the deity of Jesus in there.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 10:471 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    It means , “Yehoshua,” which means “Yahweh is salvation." Yahweh is the name used for God.
    Okay, but if Yahweh is the Hebrew name used for God, wouldn't 'bethulah' have been the word used for 'virgin'. (As apposed to the seemingly mistranslated 'almah', meaning young woman). I'm sure, even in them days, not all young woman were virgins. So wouldn't Isaiah 7:14 be better read:

'Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a 'young woman' shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel; but Immanuel won't be his actual name.'

Sorry to be blunt, but this would seem to be quite a weak prophecy or sign. Basically it is saying 'some dude will be born of a young woman, but not telling you his actual name.'
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 10:592 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Okay, but if Yahweh is the Hebrew name used for God, wouldn't 'bethulah' have been the word used for 'virgin'. (As apposed to the seemingly mistranslated 'almah', meaning young woman). I'm sure, even in them days, not all young woman were virgins. So wouldn't Isaiah 7:14 be better read:

'Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a ...[text shortened]... lly it is saying 'some dude will be born of a young woman, but not telling you his actual name.'
    You should ask a duly appointed and fully ordained minster of God, lucky for you that would be me! at your service!

Matthew’s Gospel (quoting Isa 7:14) uses the Greek word par·theʹnos, meaning “virgin,” to translate ʽal·mahʹ, saying: “Look! The virgin [par·theʹnos] will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will call his name Immanuel.” (Mt 1:22, 23) In no way was this taking liberties or distorting the text. Over a century earlier, the Jewish translators of the Greek Septuagint had also used par·theʹnos in rendering Isaiah 7:14.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree