Who is the most impressive person of faith you kno

Who is the most impressive person of faith you kno

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
Dog Companion

Rain Forest

Moves
02 Apr 05
1 edit

This question was posed with slightly different phrasing elsewhere in this forum.

The question triggered a lot of good memories of special people in my live who have loved me, inspired me and encouraged me.

I really wanted to see what other people had to say. But, that thread......well, it degenerated. :'(

So, I thought maybe, we could try again! 🙂 Please.....

d

Moves
02 Apr 05

Originally posted by Aynat
This question was posed with slightly different phrasing elsewhere in this forum.

The question triggered a lot of good memories of special people in my live who have loved me, inspired me and encouraged me.

I really wanted to see what other people had to say. But, that thread......well, it degenerated. :'(

Here was my contribution to the previous thread:

My Mother. She has an incredible amount of blind faith that I will never know. Her Christianity became as a result of circumstance, however it has been her faithful crutch ever since seeing her through some incredibly dark times.

g

Moves
03 Apr 05
1 edit

I really wanted to see what other people had to say.
I did post this in the "other thread" lol...it become lost between an enraging battle of wills so I have reposted it here...ty 🙂

The most impressive Christian I ever met, was my Aunt Kathleen, the very essence of her being was kindness...

She didnt have two halfpennies to rub together, lived her life in poverty, her children wore hand-me down clothes, Christimas a beautiful meal on the table, and yet....was the kindest person to her family friends and neighbours, in all her poverty, she had richness within her, and to this day, it still always lingers with me.....her kindness to all.....as I grew up enveloped in that, her home, although barren of any rich articles, was a refuge, a place of peace, a place as a child, rich in all that was needed.

She isnt alive today, she passed away at the age of 60 from cancer.....I miss her a lot

she didnt know.....how much she left me...

in the true spirit of Christianity

be kind to mankind......the message is simple....

gil

A
Dog Companion

Rain Forest

Moves
03 Apr 05

Here is my post from the aforementioned thread:

Ellen C. is her name. She is a woman who is now in her mid 80's. I met her about 10 years ago, when I moved to Alaska. I had some adventures along the way and used up almost all of my money. I met her at church, she greeted me warmly and with great love, inquired after my well-being and discovered how tight my circumstances were and she recognized my fear, acknowledged it and ease it in just a few moments. Then....she took me home and offered me a place to stay while I pulled my life in Alaska together. My new life came together within days and I stayed just one night under her roof.

Ellen has two amazing gifts, the first is her great loving kindness. The second is the ability to articulate for you, what you can barely express and then speak words of healing and reconciliation. I think that these qualities must have been what people experienced when they spoke with Christ.

Finally, whenever I have happened to speak of her.....I get told some wonderful story of how she had been there for someone and that Ellen was so gracious and loving, it felt as if you were doing her a kindness by allowing her the opportunity to be a friend. She signs her notes that way; Your friend in Jesus.

p

Graceland.

Moves
03 Apr 05

Finally, whenever I have happened to speak of her.....I get told some wonderful story of how she had been there for someone and that Ellen was so gracious and loving, it felt as if you were doing her a kindness by allowing her the opportunity to be a friend. She signs her notes that way; Your friend in Jesus.

That is a very pleasant story Aynat,

thanks

pc

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
04 Apr 05

A man by the name of Darryl, a friend of my uncles. Taught me a lot of Zen. Regardless of what I may believe, I truly desire the peace that man has with himself.