1. Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 02:55
    i bet this thread is gona go to an anti-christian spamming thread....
  2. The sky
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 22:50
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    As this is Holy Week for Christians, I was contemplating the mystery that we call Easter or the resurrection. I wanted to start a thread to offer a space for people to share what Easter means to them from a personal perspective. What stories of hope, redemption, recovery, or suprise do you have that give Easter its meaning for you?
    I just finished listening to Bach's Matthäuspassion (yes, I know I was a bit late this year). Being agnostic, Easter doesn't have much meaning for me, but there's a lot of symbolism in the Passion narratives which I find meaningful even though I am not Christian, and Bach's music is incredibly strong. I still remember very well the first time I played the Matthäuspassion myself over 20 years ago, totally living in the music. I guess this could be described as a spiritual experience.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 23:42
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I just finished listening to Bach's Matthäuspassion (yes, I know I was a bit late this year). Being agnostic, Easter doesn't have much meaning for me, but there's a lot of symbolism in the Passion narratives which I find meaningful even though I am not Christian, and Bach's music is incredibly strong. I still remember very well the first time I played the Ma ...[text shortened]... ago, totally living in the music. I guess this could be described as a spiritual experience.
    Thanks! I can relate a similar story for me that involves music. It was a spiritual experience that was very profound for me at the time. I had a scheduled night of on-call with my work which meant that I attended every death during the night for our organization. Each death visit takes about 2 hours to do the paperwork, support the family and wait for the funeral home to come. From about 7PM to 4AM the next morning was non-stop "death." I was wiped out physcially and emotionally. As I was coming home around 6 in the morning I was at the highest point in the county and the sun was just starting to come up. I was listening to the classical radio station and listening to Rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto for the first time. It was like God was giving me exactly what I needed to get rest, solace, comfort, whatever you want to call it for a night of non-stop death. My colleagues gave me the "golden casket" award for that night. Those of you who know this piece of music can relate to how beautiful the 2nd movement is. I still remember the place of hearing this for the first time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree