1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 15:16
    Genesis speaks of the fallen angels co-habitating with the women of the pre-Flood era. Any chance this may be the origins for our Greek/Roman/etc., mythologies?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 15:21
    Could you provide the scripture for us, please?
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 15:27
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Could you provide the scripture for us, please?
    Gen 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. (ESV)
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 15:45
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Genesis speaks of the fallen angels co-habitating with the women of the pre-Flood era. Any chance this may be the origins for our Greek/Roman/etc., mythologies?
    No.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 15:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    No.
    End of debate.
    Thanks for your brevity.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 15:51
    The great UT-D Bible scholar Darfius had a very complicated theory about the Nephilim. It's around here somewhere . . .
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 16:03
    No. The reverse is true. The Hebrews learned their mythologies from their neighbors, not the other way round.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 16:24
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    No. The reverse is true. The Hebrews learned their mythologies from their neighbors, not the other way round.
    There were no Hebrews at the time in question.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 16:24
    Originally posted by telerion
    The great UT-D Bible scholar Darfius had a very complicated theory about the Nephilim. It's around here somewhere . . .
    UT-D?
  10. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 17:01
    No, but the Hebrews had neighbors. And those neighbors perhaps were around when the Greeks were spreading their "truth" all over. And if not them, perhaps their neighbors were, etc.

Wait a sec. The Hebrews predicted the fall of Tyre, and Tyre was demolished by Alexander the Great, who claimed soverienity over the Greeks. Once again, when you consider that the Greeks had power right up to the time of the Romans, and the Romans ran things in the New Testament. Forget my first statement, please; It seems that the two cultures overlapped.
  11. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 17:11
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    No, but the Hebrews had neighbors. And those neighbors perhaps were around when the Greeks were spreading their "truth" all over. And if not them, perhaps their neighbors were, etc.

Wait a sec. The Hebrews predicted the fall of Tyre, and Tyre was demolished by Alexander the Great, who claimed soverienity over the Greeks. Once again, when you co ...[text shortened]... he New Testament. Forget my first statement, please; It seems that the two cultures overlapped.
    Okay, I just thought that perhaps you were speaking about the time of Nephilim. In that case, you are operating under the assumption that there was such a time, and therefore you argument is biased and flawed. You can't use your conclusion as a premise--see Decartes' proof of God.
  12. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 17:47
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Gen 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. (ESV)
    Surely that was "came unto the daughters of man"?

If not, what version are you reading, Halitose? Very worrying...
  13. Not Kansas
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 17:50
    It's a distant memory of the time when there were still Neanderthals.
    Or, maybe not.
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 17:51
    That's my point. The mythologies in question are older than the Hebrews (from whom we get the myths in question when the Bible is our source).
  15. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 18:30
    The giants of the bible are the offspring of this union.There has also been evidence of giant fossils through history.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree