1. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 22:12
    Originally posted by Orange Peel
    [b]Statistically no, but one does know what they search for.
    I wouldn't have to search far if the God I was seeking were inside all the time. To avoid the deception of solipsism, I must know and come to appreciate the God that lives in the temple called you. Not seperate Gods, but the One God.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 22:28
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    I wouldn't have to search far if the God I was seeking were inside all the time. To avoid the deception of solipsism, I must know and come to appreciate the God that lives in the temple called you. Not seperate Gods, but the One God.
    I had a friend who went to Jerusalem to find Jesus. Lol, I still laugh...

I was talking about living God, and the effects you can have on others. People can do good things as such and totally ruin many lives, because of their ignorance to the effects they have had on others.

Jesus is different. Any expectation that He is the same Jesus for me as he is to you will result in harm.

Like a house with many rooms is the kingdom of heaven. If you are white with two children and are a hard working and honest citizen, then you gain entry into that kingdom of heaven. It isn't the kingdom of heaven from God....
  3. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 22:32
    Jesus is different. Any expectation that He is the same Jesus for me as he is to you will result in harm.

I had to read your post more than once, I agree with most of what you posted. The aforementioned post is what I need clarity on. Please if you would be so kind
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 22:41

I had to read your post more than once, I agree with most of what you posted. The aforementioned post is what I need clarity on. Please if you would be so kind
    O.K. Say our lives simulate a game of chess. We play our own moves to create our own perfect world. You then become a born again Christian where Jesus becomes the part of your life that rules. He starts to play your moves as life still goes on. 😉. To treat everyone in the correct way to make the correct moves, he has to be different. I may need e4 where your Jesus would play Nf3.

It's a bad example, because I think Jesus had the simplest of intellect to separate chess from life.
  5. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 22:49
    O.K. Say our lives simulate a game of chess. We play our own moves to create our own perfect world. You then become a born again Christian where Jesus becomes the part of your life that rules. He starts to play your moves as life still goes on. 😉. To treat everyone in the correct way to make the correct moves, he has to be different. I may need e4 where ...[text shortened]... a bad example, because I think Jesus had the simplest of intellect to separate chess from life.
    No I understand that, I am a chess player that's fine. It is analgous to the body of Christ. The hand is not the foot nor the foot the hand no one less important. Christian in the body of Christ who feeds the poor, just one move. One who guides a child out of trouble another move; and so on. I agree!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 00:081 edit
    No I understand that, I am a chess player that's fine. It is analgous to the body of Christ. The hand is not the foot nor the foot the hand no one less important. Christian in the body of Christ who feeds the poor, just one move. One who guides a child out of trouble another move; and so on. I agree!
    I doubt it's the body of Christ, but just simple things which makes an individual which I meant. Like age, sex, environment, the past, the future direction etc. Everyone who believes has their own Jesus, yet so often they expect others to have their same one.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 00:351 edit
    Originally posted by louisXIV
    Jesus said :
    Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    It's easy to say that you're a christian, but that doesn't necessarily make one out of you...

How can one know to be one?
    I think Jesus lived his own life like a lamp on the table. So yeah, that would seem a good start to understanding a true Christian...
  8. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 09:55
    I doubt it's the body of Christ, but just simple things which makes an individual which I meant. Like age, sex, environment, the past, the future direction etc. Everyone who believes has their own Jesus, yet so often they expect others to have their same one.
    What is really interesting is that, although there is One God and One Body with many manifestations of the One. It is the materialistic determinism which leads to spirtiual blindness. This why it is hard to see One body with many parts joined together for One purpose. It is dangerously judgemental to think the Christ in me is somehow different from the Christ in you, when in fact it always exist in a state of poteniality. It can only be your conciouness that will free you from the burden of the limited self. That is the paradox. The mystery though is do you live your life from the outside in or from the inside out?
  9. Joined
    07 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 23:221 edit
    Try and solve a logic puzzle, if you cant chances are your a christian. All joking aside i find the heaven thing amazing. The soul which must have dimensions because people saw Jesus' ressurrection goes and sits next to God in timeless spaceless nothingness? Sounds a little bit impractical to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree