1. not of this world
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 21:44
    Jesus said :
    Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    It's easy to say that you're a christian, but that doesn't necessarily make one out of you...

How can one know to be one?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 23:19
    What is heaven?
  3. not of this world
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 23:20
    Good question. Before I answer you, what do you think heaven is?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 23:24
    Heaven is a place Jesus rules.
  5. not of this world
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 12:24
    Yes, that's correct. but it's also a place of eternal peace, absence of sin and suffering. A place of perfect relationship with God, his total presence.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 12:26
    Originally posted by louisXIV
    Yes, that's correct. but it's also a place of eternal peace, absence of sin and suffering. A place of perfect relationship with God, his total presence.
    Is it an outpost of Shangri-La or the other way round?
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 18:38
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Is it an outpost of Shangri-La or the other way round?
    Isn't Al-Irgnash a Muslim outpost?
  8. not of this world
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 19:19
    Sorry, please don't change the subject
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 20:21
    Everyone runs around like gay party, having kisses & hugs, throwing flowers in the air & clapping hands for joy.

Heaven isn't found in this life, because we never escape sin. Like Hell, we only taste. Heaven is a seed within us, which grows as we walk the right path. Only in death is true heaven found.

Why do Christians have a big need to make heaven in this lifetime? Is it selfish, and not what Jesus would want when so much is wrong in the world?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 21:371 edit
    Jesus said :
    Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    It's easy to say that you're a christian, but that doesn't necessarily make one out of you...

Hebrews 12:14: "Follow peace with all (men), and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."

"Holiness" in the origional Greek language, means purification and sanctification.
  11. not of this world
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 21:50
    Originally posted by Orange Peel
    Everyone runs around like gay party, having kisses & hugs, throwing flowers in the air & clapping hands for joy.

Heaven isn't found in this life, because we never escape sin. Like Hell, we only taste. Heaven is a seed within us, which grows as we walk the right path. Only in death is true heaven found.

Why do Christians have a big need to make heav ...[text shortened]... this lifetime? Is it selfish, and not what Jesus would want when so much is wrong in the world?
    Originally posted by Orange Peel

Why do Christians have a big need to make heaven in this lifetime? Is it selfish, and not what Jesus would want when so much is wrong in the world?

As an answer to your question, I'd like to cite C.S. Lewis:

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. ~C.S. Lewis"
  12. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 22:23
    Jesus said :

Mark 3:35
    For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

1 John 3:22-23
    And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 5:13
    These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I reckon if one is claiming to be a Christian, they need a life style that will back up what they are saying.
  13. not of this world
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 23:02
    Yeah, I believe you're right. That's the difference to other religions.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 00:29
    Jesus said :

Go to the source Jesus Christ, everything and everyone else is just
    popularity contest with no eternal consequence.
    Kelly
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 00:56
    Originally posted by masscat
    Mark 3:35
    For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

1 John 3:22-23
    And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abid ...[text shortened]... ne is claiming to be a Christian, they need a life style that will back up what they are saying.
    By your reckoning, every Tibetan monk, Ghandi, and quiet-as-a-church-mouse pedophile is bound for heaven.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree