1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '13 08:22
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What is it about? You seem remarkably reluctant to explain what you do mean by 'abolish'. When you 'call for the abolition of a religion', what exactly do you want to be done? What would it take to stop you from being a Christian? A declaration that Christianity is abolished? Mild persuasion? Torture? Death?

[b]This is about the freedom to call for the ...[text shortened]... uired to carry it out. Such a person does fit the descriptions: bigot, racist and extremist.
    Old sunhouse had a solution to the problem of genocide with an anti-religion virus that takes away all faith in all religions without killing anyone. This sounds suspiciously like the born again belief by Christians that changes people into a new person in Christ when old desires are done away with. I wonder if he is copying that idea and changing it to suit his own evil desires.

The instructor
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 May '13 10:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is that no, you would keep Christianity?
    That would be no and HELL no.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 May '13 10:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Old sunhouse had a solution to the problem of genocide with an anti-religion virus that takes away all faith in all religions without killing anyone. This sounds suspiciously like the born again belief by Christians that changes people into a new person in Christ when old desires are done away with. I wonder if he is copying that idea and changing it to suit his own evil desires.

The instructor
    So for you all the crusades, the inquisitions, the fatwahs, the forced conversions to some faith or other or death, all that is MUCH better than having no religion?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '13 17:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So for you all the crusades, the inquisitions, the fatwahs, the forced conversions to some faith or other or death, all that is MUCH better than having no religion?
    Sometimes one must go through the bad to appreciate the good. Know what I mean?

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '13 17:49
    So you would deny me my religion. On what grounds?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 May '13 18:201 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

It is my considered opinion that you can have a proper orderly society
    without any religion. All that is needed is a sensible and moral code of
    conduct which follows the rules of common sense.

Everyone knows that you should not cheat or steal or murder.
    All that is required is a judicial system which takes those offenses
    into account an nd talents that can make
    this place a better world to live in without the horror of any religion.
    Absolutely! All Religion per se is man made. Spirituality, represents the Next and Ultimate Dimension of Human Existence Beyond Morality. Our Creator has Decreed Four Divine Institutions: 1) Volition (free will); 2) Marriage (to perpetuate human life on earth); 3) Family (the core unit of all civilized societies); 4) Nationalism (with internal law and external military victory as the price of freedom). Every one of these Four Divine Institutions has come under attack since Eden. (gb)
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 May '13 19:08
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Absolutely! All Religion per se is man made. Spirituality, represents the Next and Ultimate Dimension of Human Existence Beyond Morality. Our Creator has Decreed Four Divine Institutions: 1) Volition (free will); 2) Marriage (to perpetuate human life on earth); 3) Family (the core unit of all civilized societies); 4) Nationalism (with internal law and e ...[text shortened]... of freedom). Every one of these Four Divine Institutions has come under attack since Eden. (gb)
    "Nationalism (with internal law and external military victory as the price of freedom)."

So the Creator is a realist. But nationalism may be a phase, as were feudalism and mercantilism.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 May '13 19:12
    No religionšŸ˜µ
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 May '13 19:361 edit
    In the wake of the recent "Abolish Islam" debacle, I made a comment in another thread that posters in this forum had a one time or another either called for or approved of the removal of Christianity from the world. Proper Knob has challenged me on it and to be fair I could be mistaken, so I'm inviting those of an opinion to comment:

[b]In a situation nity either stays or it goes on it's own merits and this is a one time offer. Your call...
    "Abolish" as others have stated before me, is a word loaded with murky connotations. I don't think anyone in their right mind, wrt any religion, would wish for a real life manifestation of what that word is generally thought to entail (and the likes of Dasa, the character that RJHinds parodies, etc... are not of sound mind).

Pandering to the definition of "abolish" that most people, including myself, work with, I categorically state I do not wish for the abolition of Christianity (or any other religion). I say this despite the fact that in any meaningful sense of the term "absolutely sure", I am absolutely sure that the deities associated to these religions do not exist; and wish to be alive at some point when this view is held by the majority.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 May '13 19:46
    Originally posted by JS357

"Nationalism (with internal law and external military victory as the price of freedom)."

So the Creator is a realist. But nationalism may be a phase, as were feudalism and mercantilism.
    Yes, JS. Once again we're in agreement. How Cool is that. lol (gb)

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/Mercantilism.html

Exhaustive Scope summarized with careful attention to critical detail.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '13 14:231 edit
    So you would deny me my religion. On what grounds?
    On the grounds that religion has made you as crazy as a bedbug. Built in biases against anything human, like thinking for ones self for instance, like making sure women are barefoot and pregnant or gays are killed for being gay. You are part of the problem not the solution. You AND your religion. Until people around the world kick the shackles of religion we will remain adults with the emotional level of 12 year olds and thus ready and able to fight over religion at the drop of a hat. Until that attitude is utterly gone from the human race there can be no real maturity in humans. That is EXACTLY why we need to escape the shackles of religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree