1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 13:12
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    There is no "test of time"

Throwing salt over ones shoulder predates Christianity!

Even according to Creationists' warped calendar there was 3,000 years
    without Christ - so a worrld without Christ has "passed the test of time"

And as for the Flying Spaghetti Monster ... only time will tell .................
    Are you trying to be a comedian now? Ha ha 😀
  2. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 13:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Where are the followers of Apollonius now? Is there a religion named after him? All mythical religions are obsolete now and only a numbnuts would believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster and the theory of evolution. Christianity on the other hand has passed the test of time. The gates of hell shall not prevail against the church of Christ.

P.S. There w ...[text shortened]... I believe the myth writers may have used his name in creating the mythical character Apollonius.
    That would mean you have no evidence for your claim and only an appeal to emotion and stupidity. You must be a professional apologist.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 14:07
    Originally posted by Phil Hill
    That would mean you have no evidence for your claim and only an appeal to emotion and stupidity. You must be a professional apologist.
    No. I do not get paid for it. I do it for free and out of the goodness of my heart. You did not present any evidence for your claim. I have the Holy Bible and the Christian religion to support my claim.
  4. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 14:46
    No. I do not get paid for it. I do it for free and out of the goodness of my heart. You did not present any evidence for your claim. I have the Holy Bible and the Christian religion to support my claim.
    You also don't understand sarcasm.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 14:57
    You also don't understand sarcasm.
    You shall have plenty of time for gnashing ot teeth. 😀
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 15:03
    But no sooner did I say dumb Christian and you showed up. You would think dumb Christian is your name.
    Let's keep the facts straight.

He showed up in the thread and then you said dumb Christian. Your character is fictional and based on Jesus of Nazareth. Who's the dumb one?
  7. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 15:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Let's keep the facts straight.

He showed up in the thread and then you said dumb Christian. Your character is fictional and based on Jesus of Nazareth. Who's the dumb one?
    Do you want to provide evidence for that claim. So far it is Apollonius 1 - Dumb Christians 0.
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 17:07
    Do you want to provide evidence for that claim. So far it is Apollonius 1 - Dumb Christians 0.
    there is at least some evidence that appolonius was an actual person as opposed to christ of which there is no evidence at all.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 18:01
    All mythical religions are obsolete now and only a numbnuts would believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster and the theory of evolution. Christianity on the other hand has passed the test of time.
    Actually, if it was a popularity contest, evolution would beat Christianity in the world today.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 18:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually, if it was a popularity contest, evolution would beat Christianity in the world today.
    Well, if that is true, then all I can say is there must be a lot of numbnuts in the world today. 😏
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 18:391 edit
    Well, if that is true, then all I can say is there must be a lot of numbnuts in the world today. 😏
    So do you concede that popularity is not a good way to test validity due to the prevalence of numbnuts?
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 20:20
    ... all I can say is there must be a lot of numbnuts in the world today. 😏
    We wish that was all you could say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree