1. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 06:00
    In the 1st century at the east end of the Mediterranean there was a man who taught the worship of the one true god and declared that god didn't want sacrifice but charity and piety. He also taught to avoid hatred. He supposedly performed miracles by raising the dead, healing the sick and casting out demons. Some of his followers called him the son of god although he called himself the son of man. He was accused of sedition by Rome, arrested and executed. After his execution his disciples said he was resurrected, appeared to them and then ascended to heaven. Who is this written about?
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 06:20
    Originally posted by Phil Hill
    In the 1st century at the east end of the Mediterranean there was a man who taught the worship of the one true god and declared that god didn't want sacrifice but charity and piety. He also taught to avoid hatred. He supposedly performed miracles by raising the dead, healing the sick and casting out demons. Some of his followers called him the son of god a ...[text shortened]... id he was resurrected, appeared to them and then ascended to heaven. Who is this written about?
    None other than Jesus I would say

Manny
  3. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 06:22
    Originally posted by menace71
    None other than Jesus I would say

Manny
    Bzzt (that was the incorrect answer buzzer).

Did you really think it was that easy?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 11:161 edit
    In the 1st century at the east end of the Mediterranean there was a man who taught the worship of the one true god and declared that god didn't want sacrifice but charity and piety. He also taught to avoid hatred. He supposedly performed miracles by raising the dead, healing the sick and casting out demons. Some of his followers called him the son of god a ...[text shortened]... id he was resurrected, appeared to them and then ascended to heaven. Who is this written about?
    Did this man also live in Nazareth, Israel, reported to be born of a virgin, crucified on a cross, and called messiah, the anointed one, or the Christ?

Perhaps you are referring to the 1st century B.C. If that is the case it might be Simon of Peraea that you are talking about who had his head cut off by the Romans before Jesus was born.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 11:27
    John the Baptist?
  6. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 11:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Did this man also live in Nazareth, Israel, reported to be born of a virgin, crucified on a cross, and called messiah, the anointed one, or the Christ?
    Can you read?
  7. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 11:31
    Apollonius
  8. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 11:57
    Originally posted by tim88
    Apollonius
    Right but I wanted to screw with the dumb Christians. You ruined the party.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 12:10
    Oh the irony.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 12:11
    Apollonius is a mythical character based on the lives of Jesus and the apostle Paul.
  11. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 12:25
    Apollonius is a mythical character based on the lives of Jesus and the apostle Paul.
    Jesus and Paul are mythical characters based on the life of Apollonius. Do you have any valid evidence for your claim? But no sooner did I say dumb Christian and you showed up. You would think dumb Christian is your name.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 12:28
    Apollonius of Tianna is probably one
    of many that make up the synthetic Jesus.

Probably a nice guy ....................
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 12:30
    Jesus and Paul are mythical characters based on the life of Apollonius. Do you have any valid evidence for your claim? But no sooner did I say dumb Christian and you showed up. You would think dumb Christian is your name.
    @Dumb Christian@ is RJ's title not his name.

Numbnuts!!

😉
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 12:482 edits
    Where are the followers of Apollonius now? Is there a religion named after him? All mythical religions are obsolete now and only a numbnuts would believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster and the theory of evolution. Christianity on the other hand has passed the test of time. The gates of hell shall not prevail against the church of Christ.

P.S. There was a man named Apollos that worked with Paul for awhile and had to be corrected on some of the doctrine that he was teaching. I believe the myth writers may have used his name in creating the mythical character Apollonius.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 13:10
    Where are the followers of Apollonius now? Is there a religion named after him? All mythical religions are obsolete now and only a numbnuts would believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster and the theory of evolution. Christianity on the other hand has passed the test of time. The gates of hell shall not prevail against the church of Christ.
    There is no "test of time"

Throwing salt over ones shoulder predates Christianity!

Even according to Creationists' warped calendar there was 3,000 years
    without Christ - so a worrld without Christ has "passed the test of time"

And as for the Flying Spaghetti Monster ... only time will tell .................

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree