1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 13:46
    ...a very religious elderly person, who has followed god all their life... or a 5 yr old?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 13:57
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    ...a very religious elderly person, who has followed god all their life... or a 5 yr old?
    The one who reads Gods' word, the bible. Because that is where one will find the expressed will of God in all matters of faith.
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 13:59
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    Potentially the 5 year old depending on how alive the faith of the elderly person is.
  4. Grantham, UK
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 14:12
    I doubt a five year-old could have any real understandable concept of God, so I would say the older person.
  5. Standard memberagryson
    AGW Hitman
    http://xkcd.com/386/
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 14:22
    Depends on the 5 year old I'd say, if they've been brought up to believe in God, their faith is generally unshakable. Their world (hopefully) consists of the love of their parents and that is pretty much it. Thus I think a five year old has much more experience of omnipotence, omniscience and love because that is how their parents (hopefully, again) have been seen by that 5 year old. Also, they are not confused or led astray by conflicting denominations or any potential contradictions in scripture because they have no knowledge of them.
    An old man would need to have resolved all of these issues to know God, which is a difficult thing to do. They are constantly required to judge if something is the word of God or a mutation of it brought about by man since the writings were first written.
    The 5 year old does not need scripture to know God, they are as free of inner conflict and as familiar with the concepts associated with God as can be.
    So my money is on the 5 year old.
    Don't let me down little Jimmy.
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by agryson
    Depends on the 5 year old I'd say, if they've been brought up to believe in God, their faith is generally unshakable. Their world (hopefully) consists of the love of their parents and that is pretty much it. Thus I think a five year old has much more experience of omnipotence, omniscience and love because that is how their parents (hopefully, again) have bee ...[text shortened]... iated with God as can be.
    So my money is on the 5 year old.
    Don't let me down little Jimmy.
    would have to agree with that; the 5 yr old is without judgement or a biased religious view on the world; also, the 5 yr old will be suffering no inner conflict (hopefully); their view on god offers nothing but an inner truth

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree