1. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    680
    07 Jan '07 22:00
    if a man is high on drugs and has no idea who he is and what he is doing and then kills a man for no reason whatsoever who's to blame? is it the man, the drugs, the drug seller, the inventor of the drug... god..?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    2926
    07 Jan '07 22:02
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    if a man is high on drugs and has no idea who he is and what he is doing and then kills a man for no reason whatsoever who's to blame? is it the man, the drugs, the drug seller, the inventor of the drug... god..?
    the devil made him do it
  3. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    15780
    07 Jan '07 22:15
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    if a man is high on drugs and has no idea who he is and what he is doing and then kills a man for no reason whatsoever who's to blame? is it the man, the drugs, the drug seller, the inventor of the drug... god..?
    The man ... he decided to use drugs and must face the consequences of his own behavior or actions. Nobody made him take drugs.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    07 Jan '07 22:20
    Originally posted by Sushill
    The man ... he decided to use drugs and must face the consequences of his own behavior or actions. Nobody made him take drugs.
    Mens rae
  5. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    15780
    07 Jan '07 22:32
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Mens rae
    I don't agree with Mens Rae.
  6. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    07 Jan '07 22:43
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    if a man is high on drugs and has no idea who he is and what he is doing and then kills a man for no reason whatsoever who's to blame? is it the man, the drugs, the drug seller, the inventor of the drug... god..?
    STANG.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23619
    07 Jan '07 22:52
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    if a man is high on drugs and has no idea who he is and what he is doing and then kills a man for no reason whatsoever who's to blame? is it the man, the drugs, the drug seller, the inventor of the drug... god..?
    The man is guilty of murder. The seller is guilty of selling illegal drugs.

    Besides this, there is a responsibility on the part of society. Society should create a safe environment for all wherein people have no easy access to dangerous drugs.
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    07 Jan '07 23:11
    Originally posted by Sushill
    I don't agree with Mens Rae.
    Too bad ,,it's the law in civilized countries.
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    07 Jan '07 23:131 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    The man is guilty of murder. The seller is guilty of selling illegal drugs.

    Besides this, there is a responsibility on the part of society. Society should create a safe environment for all wherein people have no easy access to dangerous drugs.
    The man may or not be guilty under the law, and since it's the law that defines "murder" ,you had better start with Mens rae.

    edit,, did you actually read in the first post that the drugs were illegal?
  10. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    15780
    07 Jan '07 23:25
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Too bad ,,it's the law in civilized countries.
    I don't agree with a lot of laws in civilized countries ... that doesn't mean that I am not civilized, especially when there is no clear definition of what "civilized" is in the first place ... but that is not up for debate now.

    The law is created to support society ... not the other way around. A bad law is still a bad law.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    07 Jan '07 23:29
    Originally posted by Sushill
    I don't agree with a lot of laws in civilized countries ... that doesn't mean that I am not civilized, especially when there is no clear definition of what "civilized" is in the first place ... but that is not up for debate now.

    The law is created to support society ... not the other way around. A bad law is still a bad law.
    it's STILL is tha law, whether you like it or not.
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    29 Dec '06
    Moves
    171
    07 Jan '07 23:33
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    if a man is high on drugs and has no idea who he is and what he is doing and then kills a man for no reason whatsoever who's to blame? is it the man, the drugs, the drug seller, the inventor of the drug... god..?
    Are you talking about Bush killing Saddam?
  13. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    15780
    07 Jan '07 23:38
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    it's STILL is tha law, whether you like it or not.
    I have broken many laws in my life ... so what that its a law? Whenever enough people oppose the law the law will be changed ... at least that is how it is supposed to happen ... the law serves men.

    The original question of the topic didn't refer to any particular set of laws so I gave my personal opinion: ... he is guilty.
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    07 Jan '07 23:49
    Originally posted by Sushill
    I have broken many laws in my life ... so what that its a law? Whenever enough people oppose the law the law will be changed ... at least that is how it is supposed to happen ... the law serves men.

    The original question of the topic didn't refer to any particular set of laws so I gave my personal opinion: ... he is guilty.
    the drugs may or may not be illegal.
    The fellow might have known about the side effects and he might not have.
    The core notion is that of capacity: if D, the person who has brought about the actus reus of an offence, is adjudged to have lacked the capacity to make a rational judgment about what s/he was doing, then D is excused as not being responsible and so not criminally liable for the crime charged
  15. Account suspended
    Joined
    29 Dec '06
    Moves
    171
    07 Jan '07 23:56
    I realise we aren't quite this advanced yet, but what IF a dead man got injected with drugs(legal or illegal) which brought the dead man back to life and he went out and killed a person. Kind of like a zombie or something. Who would be to blame for this?
Back to Top