1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 17:19
    Originally posted by Maustrauser

Blindfaith101 - you read what you want to read. Not what I wrote.

I said that I was copying my reply to Peachy and not that you were telling me to worship Allah.

I was stating that you are using the Bible to prove the Bible. It just doesn't work that way.
    THE BIBLE proves it self. THE WORD OF GOD is for all to see, or for all to reject. Man has known from the sixth day of creation that GOD exsists. But decides on the seveth day that we didnot have to listen to HIM. From that time to this time the debate continues.
  2. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 17:22
    ....and will continue for many many years to come
  3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 17:36
    Originally posted by Peachy
    ....and will continue for many many years to come
    Well, maybe not for much more. We know that for at least for seven more.
  4. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 17:37
    how come seven more years only?
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 17:47
    how come seven more years only?
    We still have to go through the seven years of the Anti-Christ. If the time of the Anti-Christ started today we would have seven years before the 1000 years of CHRISTS rule on earth,
  6. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 17:49
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    We still have to go through the seven years of the Anti-Christ. If the time of the Anti-Christ started today we would have seven years before the 1000 years of CHRISTS rule on earth,
    ok.. excuse my ignorance, i understand the Anti-Christ concept, but can you please explain to me what do you mean by 1000 years of Christ rule on Earth?

am trying to learn, and would appreciate your help.
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 17:55
    ok.. excuse my ignorance, i understand the Anti-Christ concept, but can you please explain to me what do you mean by 1000 years of Christ rule on Earth?

am trying to learn, and would appreciate your help.
    Revelations chapter 20
  8. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 17:592 edits
    Revelations chapter 20
    could you be kind an explain it to me? i am not a Chrisitian and don't own a Bible..

The closest thing i have is the Book of Mormon (which i am not so certain that its the word of God) - just a note; i was given that Book by a friend and out of repspect I kept it.

9. Charlotte, NC
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 18:24
    could you be kind an explain it to me? i am not a Chrisitian and don't own a Bible..

The closest thing i have is the Book of Mormon (which i am not so certain that its the word of God) - just a note; i was given that Book by a friend and out of repspect I kept it.

The thousand years refers to time of the first resurrection of those martyred for their "proclaiming the word of God."

During this time, Christ rules supreme over the Earth for 1000 years unimpeded(sp?) by Satan. After the 1000 years, Satan is released back into the world where he will go out and "deceive the nations from every corner of the earth." He will take those who he deceived and surround God's people but fire from heaven will engulf them(Satan and the deceived) and they will be sent to the lake of fire for eternity.

After this is the final judgment of all mankind.

That's as much as i have for you. Most things in Revelation do not make sense to me yet, but i hope i have enlightend you a bit.

bible.crosswalk.com
    here is a site where you can access an online bible and read the passages from Revelation 20. (btw, the quotes in this post are from the New Living Translation)

mike
  10. Charlotte, NC
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 18:27
    Revelations chapter 20
    Revelation, not Revelations

sorry. pet peeve of mine.

mike
  11. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 18:32
    Originally posted by mikebec20
    The thousand years refers to time of the first resurrection of those martyred for their "proclaiming the word of God."

During this time, Christ rules supreme over the Earth for 1000 years unimpeded(sp?) by Satan. After the 1000 years, Satan is released back into the world where he will go out and "deceive the nations from every corner of the earth. ...[text shortened]... rom Revelation 20. (btw, the quotes in this post are from the New Living Translation)

mike
    thank you for that.. makes a lot of sense..

the Quran shares this too and i can relate to what you wrote clearly. thanks again.
  12. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:57

Peachy, here's a bit of information from a different Christian perspective....

The book of Revelation is reguarded in some sectors of Bible scholarship as not a description of the endtimes but rather as a coded story to the persecuted Christians of the early days as a source of strength and hope. The message is that Christ/God is supreme and that whatever happens you will be safe in his love and your enemies wil ultimately pay the price for hating you.

The actual key to the code is lost.......

Oh, and when the church fathers got together, to decide which books actually made it into the Bible.....Revelation just barely got in......
  13. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 23:27
    Originally posted by Aynat

Peachy, here's a bit of information from a different Christian perspective....

The book of Revelation is reguarded in some sectors of Bible scholarship as not a description of the endtimes but rather as a coded story to the persecuted Christians of the early days as a source of strength and hope. The message is that Christ/God is supreme and that whateve ...[text shortened]... r, to decide which books actually made it into the Bible.....Revelation just barely got in......
    its amazing though how much information and stories are shared. i could gather most of the stories and verses and link them up with verses and stories from the Quran. i think its a good job that after all these years the scriptures still hold true. thats God's will for you.

i am reading bits and pieces and will start a new thread soon on the mutual topics mentioned both in the Bible and the Quran. I will not dare to mention the key differences as that will cause chaos in this forum..

but thank you, i will keep an eye on these threads, i do feel they are very useful and educational.
  14. Standard memberthecheat2
    I finally subscribed
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '05 12:21
    i am in no way telling anyone to worship Allah. Allah is a false god. An non-believer can grasp JESUS CHRIST. What HE said and taught. You can grasp onto JESUS CHRIST death on the cross. You can grasp on the fact that HE rose from the dead. If you chose not to accept the life that CHRIST led, you are welcome to. If you chose not to accept the words tha ...[text shortened]... ated, and rose from the dead so that all who chose to believe in him, can live with HIM forever.
    Wow. That's really cocky, just blowing off someone else's god as "false."
    Keep on that road and you'll be a grade A a$$hole.
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Apr '05 13:02
    Originally posted by telerion
    I have heard it. Still you are generally right. Most xtians see through the argument when it is put so bluntly, but how else can you describe what BF101 posted?
    Idiotcy?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree