1. Joined
    13 Mar '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 10:16
    How can anyone say that thier god is true when there r so many.What makes your god more true than any other.
  2. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 10:181 edit
    well-if your God exists, then i think that kinda makes him more true than any other, tbh...

as for "why do i beleive my God exists and none of the others", now that is a long and complicated question which bascially ends with "i've felt his presence."...but it requires faith too..
  3. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 10:25
    i don't normally post anything in this forum as its way too complicated subject.

i am a muslim tho, and here is verse from the quran that might answer your question;

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
    Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
    He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
    And there is none like unto Him.

Now Allah is God, the mighty spirit.. various religions call Him differently, the name won't make much diffrence.
  4. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 11:24
    Originally posted by Peachy
    i don't normally post anything in this forum as its way too complicated subject.

i am a muslim tho, and here is verse from the quran that might answer your question;

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
    Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
    He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
    And there is none like unto Him.

Now Allah is God, the mighty spirit.. various religions call Him differently, the name won't make much diffrence.

May I say how nice it is to have an Islamic view on the issues discussed here. I hope you will get into the spirit of the debate (it's not really too complex).

The issue you raise here is one raised by some of the more Christian fundamentalists, that is, using text that is being queried, as proof for the claim.

In otherwords, you are saying, "Believe in Allah because Allah says so". That is the equivalent of Christians saying "Believe what the Bible says, because that is what the Bible says." It doesn't provide the non-believer with anything to grasp.
  5. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 11:421 edit
    Originally posted by Maustrauser

May I say how nice it is to have an Islamic view on the issues discussed here. I hope you will get into the spirit of the debate (it's not really too complex).

The issue you raise here is one raised by some of the more Christian ...[text shortened]... s." It doesn't provide the non-believer with anything to grasp.
    I agree on what you are saying.. I haven't backed up my thread with any evidence that Allah or God exists, or why i believe in Him.

Thats where the nitty gritty comes down to, in all my "discussions" (more like heated arguements) we end up at this very key point.

I believe as I have read the Quran, the Bible and the Torat. They are more or less the same and share many stories and examples. Few major differences here and there of course but more or less the same. All that I read in the Quran, points to me that there is God. It talks about things that happened, things that are happening, and predicted many many things that either happened, or will do.

It also talks about the atom, the orbits, the planet and sun, the oceans and its currents, the baby and the stages it goes through while it is formed in the womb and much more... Its very scientific, very honest, and straight to the point. There isn't even one contradiction in it.

Thats all what'll i say about the topic. I cannot physically proof to you that God exists, but what saddens me is that God created mankind.. mankind killed God by not believing in Him..
  6. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 11:48

Well, this is why I can respect your belief. You tell me that you can't prove that God exists, and yet you believe. You have faith.

And belief based on faith and not on other claims, cannot be argued with.

Although if I knew more about the Quran I might argue about some of your claims for its scientific accuracy. But that's not arguing with your faith. 🙂
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 11:52
    Originally posted by matt01
    How can anyone say that thier god is true when there r so many.What makes your god more true than any other.
    There are ideed many false gods. They are all dead. There is only one living God.
  8. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 11:53
    its good to see someone who is understanding. like i said, i don't like to go into religious discussions as many people are closed minded and argue till they fall asleep..

i have respect to all faiths, and whether you believe or not, the good intention what counts at the end of the day. If people have clear intentions, then they can sleep at night in peace.

thank you for your input, and God bless.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 11:54
    Originally posted by Peachy
    I agree on what you are saying.. I haven't backed up my thread with any evidence that Allah or God exists, or why i believe in Him.

Thats where the nitty gritty comes down to, in all my "discussions" (more like heated arguements) we end up at this very key point.

I believe as I have read the Quran, the Bible and the Torat. They are more or less the s ...[text shortened]... , but what saddens me is that God created mankind.. mankind killed God by not believing in Him..
    Isn't Mohammed still in his grave?
  10. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 11:58
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    he is indeed.. whose askin?
  11. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 12:08
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So what?
    Mohammed never claimed to be God. Nor did Jesus for that matter - it was only the rewriting of history later that made him part of the Trinity.
  12. London
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 12:141 edit
    So what?
    Mohammed never claimed to be God. Nor did Jesus for that matter - it was only the rewriting of history later that made him part of the Trinity.
    And you know [the latter] for a fact because ... ?
  13. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 12:26
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    thats not why this thread about.. the question is:

why believe in one god when there r so many?
  14. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 12:29
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    At the Council of Nicaea in 325AD the bishops agreed to make Jesus part of the Trinity. For further information see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea#The_Nicene_Creed_.28symbol.29
  15. London
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 12:353 edits
    At the Council of Nicaea in 325AD the bishops agreed to make Jesus part of the Trinity. For further information see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea#The_Nicene_Creed_.28symbol.29
    Check your source carefully. From the same link:

Although the most vocal anti-Arians, the Homoousians (from the Greek word translated above as "of one substance" ), were in the minority, the Creed was accepted by the council as an expression of the bishops' common faith and the ancient faith of the whole Church.

In other words, Nicaea did not invent the divinity of Christ - it merely reiterated what everyone but the Arians had believed since the founding of the Church.

Try again.

EDIT: Oh, and they did not "add" Jesus to the Trinity (what was it called before - the Duality?) - the Nicaean Council defined those elements of the dogma of Trinity (defining it, if you like) that were to be held by the Church.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree