1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 13:28
    what did god do with his time before he created everything? what made god do it? what does god get out of it? what will god do when its all over? if you create some thing can you do what you want with it? if you create something are you the boss of it? does god have emotions? if so are his emotions similar to humans? does god ever wonder where he/she came from?

could somebody help me with these questions.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 13:48
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what did god do with his time before he created everything? what made god do it? what does god get out of it? what will god do when its all over? if you create some thing can you do what you want with it? if you create something are you the boss of it? does god have emotions? if so are his emotions similar to humans? does god ever wonder where he/she came from?

I don't think anybody can help you with those questions, because there is a bigger question
    that comes first.

IS there a god or gods?

If the claimed answer is yes then...

HOW can you POSSIBLY know that?

Until someone can actually demonstrate that a particular god concept actually exists, then any
    answer they give to all your questions is simply pulled out of their posteriors.

Unless you can demonstrate that a god actually exists, then you can't claim what the properties
    of this claimed god has, with any credibility whatsoever.

Arguing over the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin before you have
    demonstrated the existence of angels is pointless.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 14:11
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I don't think anybody can help you with those questions, because there is a bigger question that comes first.
    IS there a god or gods?

Until someone can actually demonstrate that a particular god concept actually exists, then any
    answer they give to all your questions is simply p ...[text shortened]... ance on the head of a pin before you have
    That is why anything involving god cannot ever be a part of science. Noone can use science to prove anything involving god. Any god.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 14:41
    I don't think anybody can help you with those questions, because there is a bigger question
    that comes first.

IS there a god or gods?

answer they give to all your questions is ...[text shortened]... ance on the head of a pin before you have
    its was peoples opinions i was looking for. im not a beliver myself, but im facinated in what and why people do believe.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 15:27
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    That is why anything involving god cannot ever be a part of science. Noone can use science to prove anything involving god. Any god.
    Wow, okay. Now THAT's a news flash.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 15:28
    that comes first.

IS there a god or gods?

answer they give to all your questions is ...[text shortened]... ance on the head of a pin before you have
    I somehow doubt he has targeted atheists with these questions.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 15:57
    that comes first.

IS there a god or gods?

pure bum,

religious teaching exists irrespective of whether God actually exists. Its a very
    convenient tool of the atheist to attempt to negate all religious discussion on the
    premise of whether God exists or not and its an instant FAIL because it cannot be
    proven one way or the other.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 15:58

Probably more creating
    The desire to create
    Fun, I guess
    Create more worlds
    Yes .. its HIS !
    Definitely
    Yes [Rom 9:13 .. Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. ]
    No
    I guess he will wonder.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 16:05

1. no one can say what God did prior to the creation of time and the beginning of the
    universe (a now scientifically verifiable fact which the Bible writer had somehow
    managed to get correct in the very first sentence of the Bible) In the beginning......

2. Does God have emotion, yes indeed,

(Genesis 6:6) . . .And Jehovah felt regrets that he had made men in the earth, and
    he felt hurt at his heart.

(Psalm 78:40) . . .How often they would rebel against him in the wilderness, They
    would make him feel hurt in the desert!

1 Timothy 1:11) . . .according to the glorious good news of the happy God. . .

3. Why did God create the Universe, why does any artist create, simply because they can.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 16:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    1. no one can say what God did prior to the creation of time and the beginning of the
    universe (a now scientifically verifiable fact which the Bible writer had somehow
    managed to get correct in the very first sentence of the Bible) In the beginning......

2. Does God have emotion, yes indeed,

(Genesis 6:6) . . .And Jehovah felt regrets that ...[text shortened]...  . .

3. Why did God create the Universe, why does any artist create, simply because they can.
    . . .And Jehovah felt regrets that he had made men in the earth, and

so he killed them all
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 16:243 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    . . .And Jehovah felt regrets that he had made men in the earth, and

so he killed them all
    yes he did, because the earth had become filled with violence,

(Genesis 6:5) . . .Consequently Jehovah saw that the badness of man was abundant in
    the earth and every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time. . 
    (Genesis 6:11) . . .And the earth came to be ruined in the sight of the [true] God
    and the earth became filled with violence. . .

only after Noah had preached to them to repent for about forty years, built a huge ark
    despite the fact that it had not rained, you think they might have heeded the warning
    signs, but nope! Hello!
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 21:00
    yes he did, because the earth had become filled with violence,

(Genesis 6:5) . . .Consequently Jehovah saw that the badness of man was abundant in
    the earth and every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time. . 
    (Genesis 6:11) . . .And the earth came to be ruined in the sight of the [true] God
    and the earth becam ...[text shortened]... t that it had not rained, you think they might have heeded the warning
    signs, but nope! Hello!
    Okay, so if your house ever becomes filled with violence; the kids start fighting with each other or whatnot or get bad thoughts in their hearts; remember to kill everybody in the house off. That's clearly what a loving father should do.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 23:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I somehow doubt he has targeted atheists with these questions.
    No... My point was simply that any answers to those questions would be beliefs pulled out of...
    well lets say the air... by believers.

As it turns out the OP is looking to find out what people believe and why which means questions
    as to the validity of the claims is irrelevant.

In which instance I will happily bow out and let those of faith explain what they believe and why
    without interruption (by me).
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 23:46
    pure bum,

religious teaching exists irrespective of whether God actually exists. Its a very
    convenient tool of the atheist to attempt to negate all religious discussion on the
    premise of whether God exists or not and its an instant FAIL because it cannot be
    proven one way or the other.
    Of course religious teaching exists irrespective of gods existence.
    I never claimed otherwise.

I simply stated that without evidence backing it it's nonsense pulled
    out of thin air.

Arguing about what god is like without any evidence IS instant fail
    as you put it.

However the OP seems to be asking what people believe... which is
    a perfectly legitimate question that I have no objection to.

You really need to be right more before you criticise my posts.

Particularly when the insults you throw apply much better to your
    own offerings.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 23:50
    what did god do with his time before he created everything?

Who care.

what made god do it?

Love.

what does god get out of it?

Glory.

what will god do when its all over?

Judge.

if you create some thing can you do what you want with it?

Duh.

if you create something are you the boss of it?

Personal Choice.

does god have emotions?

Yes. Jesus wept.

if so are his emotions similar to humans?

Yes.

does god ever wonder where he came from?

No.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree