1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    But I don't think that his "belief" is what has deprived Grampy Bobby of his understanding of this aspect of the human condition.
    I don't think that you think this is true, but I'm not going to become so sidetracked that I sit here and belabor the point with you. I still say you use "religiosity" as a synonym for "belief" because it's convenient for you to do so, for many reasons.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:31
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    God is not going to speak to you from a burning bush as he did with Moses, nor is God going to appear as Jesus and preach and teach as He did with the first century people of Israel. God has turned the preaching and teaching over to the believing Christians. You must listen and accept or reject their propositions now.

However, God did leave with man a written account of the creation and the fall of mankind and His plan to redeem those that will believe and put their trust in Him. He also left physical evidence of His gospel with an empty tomb in Jerusalem and the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo for those that must see something.

Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

(John 20:28-29 NASB)
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God is not going to speak to you from a burning bush as he did with Moses, nor is God going to appear as Jesus and preach and teach as He did with the first century people of Israel. God has turned the preaching and teaching over to the believing Christians. You must listen and accept or reject their propositions now.

However, God did leave with man a wr ...[text shortened]... ou believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." [/quote]
    (John 20:28-29 NASB)
    Judas fecking priest
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:48
    Originally posted by roigam
    Proverbs 18:1 says, "Whoever isolates himself pursues his own selfish desires; he rejects all practical wisdom."
    Men reject God because they are emotionally attached to themselves and they rely on themselves instead of following God's loving direction.
    This was exactly what Adam did and led us all into sin and death.
    Men may reject God by choosing to beli ...[text shortened]... Bible to show us the way and His Son Christ Jesus as a ransom to buy us back from sin and death.
    Good comment. Also the orignator of sin was satan. He was the one who first rejected the very God that created him as an angel then presented that same rebeliousness to Eve, then Adam followed his wife.

"Sin occurred first in the spirit realm before its introduction on earth. For unknown ages full harmony with God prevailed in the universe. Disruption came through a spirit creature referred to simply as the Resister, Adversary (Heb., Sa·tan′; Gr., Sa·ta·nas′; Job 1:6; Ro 16:20), the principal False Accuser or Slanderer (Gr., Di·a′bo·los) of God. (Heb 2:14; Re 12:9) Hence, the apostle John says: “He who carries on sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning.”—1Jo 3:8." Insight 2
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 19:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    II still say you use "religiosity" as a synonym for "belief" because it's convenient for you to do so, for many reasons.
    The words "religiosity" and "belief" are not synonyms and I am not using them as synonyms. They mean different things. They are different words.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 21:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    There it is again. Disingenuousness. Intellectual dishonesty. You stated that what was said "...in no way describes anything approaching "truth"", and when called on it to support that contention by describing what the truth is you run and hide behind Suzianne.

Just be honest and say you don't know what the truth is.
    I made exactly the same statement as Suzi - it's here statement - ask
    her what it means.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 21:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Joe, please follow along.

He was quoting me, without proper attribution.

I wanted to wish that this was a signal that he has learned from the lesson, but alas, I see that he only wanted to play games.
    It was a little experiment to see if anyone would react
    differently to the same message from a different poster.

Quite telling don't you think?

josephw goes into a little rant over your words Suzi. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree