why does god allow people to be more intelligen...

why does god allow people to be more intelligen...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
26 Dec 07

i think everyone should have an equal opportunity at life, many people i see dont have a clue and it makes me wonder why that is allowed. anybody know the answer? (assuming the christian god is real)

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
26 Dec 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
i think everyone should have an equal opportunity at life, many people i see dont have a clue and it makes me wonder why that is allowed. anybody know the answer? (assuming the christian god is real)
But everyone doesn't have the same chances. Some are born to loving families while others live with psychos and sociopaths. Some live in houses with indoor plumbing while others are in tarpaper shacks if they're lucky. Etc. The playing field is never even from the moment of conception, hence the phrase "life isn't fair." I wish I had a good answer for you, or even a mediocre one. As it is, however, I don't find any of the reasons I come up with even remotely satisfactory. 🙁

E

Moves
26 Dec 07

Originally posted by pawnhandler
But everyone doesn't have the same chances. Some are born to loving families while others live with psychos and sociopaths. Some live in houses with indoor plumbing while others are in tarpaper shacks if they're lucky. Etc. The playing field is never even from the moment of conception, hence the phrase "life isn't fair." I wish I had a good a ...[text shortened]... s, however, I don't find any of the reasons I come up with even remotely satisfactory. 🙁
i am talking about intelligence, strictly; nothing else, just the intelligence to understand things around them whether their surroundings are worse than others or not

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
26 Dec 07

i am talking about intelligence, strictly; nothing else, just the intelligence to understand things around them whether their surroundings are worse than others or not
But that's my point. There is no even playing field in life circumstances nor in physical abilities, so why would there be with mental abilities?

E

Moves
26 Dec 07

Originally posted by pawnhandler
But that's my point. There is no even playing field in life circumstances nor in physical abilities, so why would there be with mental abilities?
i just believe that it is important, it was just a thought that i had. somebody actually told me they wished they were smart as me, and i know im gonna be criticized for this by those who are smarter than me but to this person i am smart and it was sad for them to say that to me.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Dec 07

Your question assumes there is a God. Once you realize there is no God, it starts to make sense. Justice begins and ends with human brains, and the only enforcement it gets comes from fallible humans.

E

Moves
26 Dec 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Your question assumes there is a God. Once you realize there is no God, it starts to make sense. Justice begins and ends with human brains, and the only enforcement it gets comes from fallible humans.
i said that; think of it as a hypothetical question

w

Moves
26 Dec 07
1 edit

So what if everyone was a genius? We would then have all lawyers, doctors, etc, etc. What kind of a world would that be? As a society and as a body of God we need all kinds of different people to fill all kinds of different needs. We need waiters, we need trash collectors, we need doctors etc, etc.

When you think about it, what does intelligence have to do with what kind of person you are? All that matters to God is your heart.

l

Belfast

Moves
26 Dec 07

Originally posted by whodey
So what if everyone was a genius? We would then have all lawyers, doctors, etc, etc. What kind of a world would that be? As a society and as a body of God we need all kinds of different people to fill all kinds of different needs. We need waiters, we need trash collectors, we need doctors etc, etc.
'O brave new world that has such people in't!'

E

Moves
26 Dec 07

When you think about it, what does intelligence have to do with what kind of person you are? All that matters to God is your heart.
well intelligence is a loose word, to me it is the capacity to learn something. everyone would still be a different person and wouldnt all learn the same things, people wouldnt be good at everything, they would excell at what they like and they wouldnt all like the same thing.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Dec 07

Yep. Every ditch digger would have the skills of a surgeon. That'd be nice when someone accidentally slams the head of a pick through their foot.

What a wonderful world that would be. Scientific achievement would explode.

w

Moves
26 Dec 07
1 edit

well intelligence is a loose word, to me it is the capacity to learn something. everyone would still be a different person and wouldnt all learn the same things, people wouldnt be good at everything, they would excell at what they like and they wouldnt all like the same thing.
So you are telling me that someone who has the intellectual capacity to be a surgeon would be just as happy flipping burgers their entire life?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Dec 07
1 edit

So you are telling me that someone who has the intellectual capacity to be a surgeon would be just as happy flipping burgers their entire life?
Few people flip burgers their entire lives. People move from job to job every few years.

Anyway, in such a society of geniuses, being a burger flipper would be an amazing discipline. Burger flippers would need to study the physics of the burger flip, which might require advance math, and would need to be able to make a burger from the original cow. They'd be butchers, chefs, machinists (make their own grinders probably or at least do maintainance)...

E

Moves
26 Dec 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Few people flip burgers their entire lives. People move from job to job every few years.

Anyway, in such a society of geniuses, being a burger flipper would be an amazing discipline. Burger flippers would need to study the physics of the burger flip, which might require advance math, and would need to be able to make a burger from the original co ...[text shortened]... e butchers, chefs, machinists (make their own grinders probably or at least do maintainance)...
also, idk why anyone would have any objection to having a bunch of geniuses being born, nothing BAD can come from intelligence, all the bad decisions come from ignorance.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
27 Dec 07

also, idk why anyone would have any objection to having a bunch of geniuses being born, nothing BAD can come from intelligence, all the bad decisions come from ignorance.
Very well said. However, we all know what the road to hell is paved with.....