1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 21:12
    There have been some threads recently concerning websites that claim that God hates [insert something not deserving of being hated here].

Here is a web-based book that delves deeper into the issue. It asks a plethora of straightforward questions and takes a common sense approach in order to arrive at some possible answers:

http://whydoesgodhateamputees.com/

I hope this will shed some light on the subject and yield at least a small portal into that mysterious, confounding, inexplicable mind of God.

Cheers,
  2. Cosmos
    Moves
    31 Oct '05 21:33
    Surely it's because he can't nail them to the cross like he did his son.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 01:02
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    There have been some threads recently concerning websites that claim that God hates [insert something not deserving of being hated here].

Here is a web-based book that delves deeper into the issue. It asks a plethora of straightforward questions and takes a common sense approach in order to arrive at some possible answers:

http://whydoesgodhateampu ...[text shortened]... at least a small portal into that mysterious, confounding, inexplicable mind of God.

Cheers,
    I would recommend reading 2 Sam. chap 9 on the record of Mephibosheth.
  4. Cosmos
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 01:29
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I would recommend reading 2 Sam. chap 9 on the record of Mephibosheth.
    I would recommend not reading anything you recommend.
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 05:57

http://whydoesgodhateampu ...[text shortened]... at least a small portal into that mysterious, confounding, inexplicable mind of God.

Cheers,
    I perused this website for a minute or two, and it seems to be flogging a dead horse IMO. I think you should research (or at least find) a clear explanation between the old dispensation (old testament) and the new. It seems to be a common occurance in this forum, that the old testement (esp the mosaic law) is used for a whole lot of nonsensical argument.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 06:26
    Originally posted by Halitose
    I perused this website for a minute or two, and it seems to be flogging a dead horse IMO. I think you should research (or at least find) a clear explanation between the old dispensation (old testament) and the new. It seems to be a common occurance in this forum, that the old testement (esp the mosaic law) is used for a whole lot of nonsensical argument.
    The reason why such arguments seem nonsensical is because the OT is the most ridiculously absurd thing ever. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

I think you should research (or at least find) a clear explanation between the old dispensation (old testament) and the new.

No. The point is not that I need to research esoteric ways to make the OT seem vaguely coherent in certain arbitrary and forced contexts; rather, the point is that the OT, as written, is beyond salvaging.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 06:29
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Classic!
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 07:54
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Blame God for your own sin. You'll get nowhere. Each time you sin you are nailing him to the cross again. He endured the cross so that you and I can be forgiven our sins. And that is how you thank him???
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 08:03
    The reason why such arguments seem nonsensical is because the OT is the most ridiculously absurd thing ever. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

[b]I think you should research (or at least find) a clear explanation between the old dispensation (old testament) and the new.

No. The point is not that I need to research esoteric ways to ...[text shortened]... rbitrary and forced contexts; rather, the point is that the OT, as written, is beyond salvaging.[/b]
    As you wish... Your mind's made up, it seems. Then just don't argue as if from a balanced perspective.
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 08:15
    I did some research. Jesus said that not one letter of the Law should pass
    away. I also researched the criteria for the New Covenant listed in Jeremiah
    and noted that they weren't entirely fulfilled by Jesus.

So, why is it that you don't keep kosher?

Nemesio
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 08:331 edit
    As you wish... Your mind's made up, it seems. Then just don't argue as if from a balanced perspective.
    Does a balanced perspective entail entertaining rational & irrational views simultaneously?

LJ's comment on finding esoteric justifications reminds me of the vapour canopy theory you dug up.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 08:49
    I am not sure what you mean by "balanced perspective." Unfortunately, the OT speaks for itself. Does "balanced perspective" mean keeping my mind open to the mystical powers of secret OT decoder rings? Does it mean chalking up every generally unpleasant or confusing thing to the "mysterious ways" of God?
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 08:51
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Does a balanced perspective entail entertaining rational & irrational views simultaneously?

LJ's comment on finding esoteric justifications reminds me of the vapour canopy theory you dug up.
    Vapor canopy theory? Sounds intriguing.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 08:52
    Vapor canopy theory? Sounds intriguing.
    Take a look through the skeptic's hammer thread, slipping down page two...
  15. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 08:59
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    I did some research. Jesus said that not one letter of the Law should pass
    away. I also researched the criteria for the New Covenant listed in Jeremiah
    and noted that they weren't entirely fulfilled by Jesus.

So, why is it that you don't keep kosher?

Nemesio
    I'd be very interested in those findings, if you'd like to post them sometime...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree