1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 09:03
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    I am not sure what you mean by "balanced perspective." Unfortunately, the OT speaks for itself. Does "balanced perspective" mean keeping my mind open to the mystical powers of secret OT decoder rings? Does it mean chalking up every generally unpleasant or confusing thing to the "mysterious ways" of God?
    Does "balanced perspective" mean keeping my mind open to the mystical powers of secret OT decoder rings?

Lol, no. Maybe just a rudimentary knowledge of ancient history and its ramifications.
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 09:22
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]Does "balanced perspective" mean keeping my mind open to the mystical powers of secret OT decoder rings?

Lol, no. Maybe just a rudimentary knowledge of ancient history and its ramifications.[/b]
    how about you getting a bit more acquainted with the earlier writings of the Sumerians, and see for yourself just what thr OT is.

http://www.earth-history.com/Sumer/sumer-flood-story.htm

http://www.earth-history.com/Sumer/Kramer/kramer-titile.htm
  3. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 19:37
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    how about you getting a bit more acquainted with the earlier writings of the Sumerians, and see for yourself just what thr OT is.

http://www.earth-history.com/Sumer/sumer-flood-story.htm

http://www.earth-history.com/Sumer/Kramer/kramer-titile.htm
    Stop barfing old jokes up (and regurgitating more of the internet). This Sumerian crap is starting to foul up the whole forum. You seem to wallow in it. Couldn't you refer to something more intelligent, like Hardy Boys or some Marvel comics? Link them up to the poetic writings of Dan Brown. I'm sure that conspiracy could be discussed for at least one post... or at least keep the grandkids listening for hours on your ramblings.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 19:43
    Originally posted by RatX
    Stop barfing old jokes up (and regurgitating more of the internet). This Sumerian crap is starting to foul up the whole forum. You seem to wallow in it. Couldn't you refer to something more intelligent, like Hardy Boys or some Marvel comics? Link them up to the poetic writings of Dan Brown. I'm sure that conspiracy could be discussed for at least one post... or at least keep the grandkids listening for hours on your ramblings.
    I guess it must hit a nerve or you wouldn't be such an a$$hole about it. Normally your robust humour is ok, but really. The Sumerian stuff is pretty interesting and well worth comparing to the Bible, whatever the conspiracy you detect.
  5. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 19:551 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I guess it must hit a nerve or you wouldn't be such an a$$hole about it. Normally your robust humour is ok, but really. The Sumerian stuff is pretty interesting and well worth comparing to the Bible, whatever the conspiracy you detect.
    Ok, it's just a tiff with froggy - he's been on and on and on about this and I've laid out my argument time and again, but never does he come back to me about it.

I was just compelled to give him some a$$fire on it... If you don't like the tune, change the channel, although I suggest sitting back and enjoying the show.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 21:10
    Ok, it's just a tiff with froggy - he's been on and on and on about this and I've laid out my argument time and again, but never does he come back to me about it.

I was just compelled to give him some a$$fire on it... If you don't like the tune, change the channel, although I suggest sitting back and enjoying the show.
    How does one change the channel of an a$$? I don't think I want to listen to or watch (not to mention smell) anything coming out of one.
  7. Cosmos
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 00:09

Now you know how us intelligent atheists feel when you God botherers endlesly quote the bible in answer to everything!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree