1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 14:40
    Christians speaking in the Spirit to one another is encouraged.

"Pursue love, and desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy . . . he who prophesies speaks building up and encouragement and consolations to men . . . he who prophesies builds up the church." (See 1 Cor. 14:1-4).

The Devil has two tactics to keep the mouths of Christians shut.

1.) The clergy / laity system which limits the speaking and function of all the members.

2.) The opposers of new covenant grace who argue that it is useless to speak.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 14:451 edit
    Now living Christ must accompany speaking forth Christ.

For example: "Little children, let us not love in word nor in tongue but in deed and truthfulness." (1 John 3:18)

It means there should be love in action along with our love in word and tongue.
    It cannot mean "Speaking is evil for the Christian and vain and to be shunned, avoided, even fought against."
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 20:52
    @sonship

Sir, as you might know from her diaries that she never intended for the public, Mother Theresa devoted her life to helping the poor and the sick without any kind of visitation or supernatural indication that she was on the right path.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 21:03
    @sonship said
    Now living Christ must accompany speaking forth Christ.

For example: "Little children, let us not love in word nor in tongue but in deed and truthfulness." (1 John 3:18)

It means there should be love in action along with our love in word and tongue.
    It cannot mean "Speaking is evil for the Christian and vain and to be shunned, avoided, even fought against."
    Speaking is fine, or at least it's just what happens, but 1 John 3:18 is pretty clear as it stands.

On the symbolic gradient of Below to Above, speech and mentation are (perhaps surprisingly because of their relative lack of materiality) things of Below rather than Above.

(Don't worry, I'll make sure Divegeester gets the special crayons for colouring his menu at my waffle diner. 😉 )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree