1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 May '05 01:25
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Muffy may deem you worthy were you to do a good deed my son. Perhaps subscribing may curry her favour?
    MUFFY is the BIGGEST CAT. Ia! Ia!
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 May '05 08:58
    Originally posted by telerion
    [b]Why I am a Muffin: An FAQ

People are always asking me, “Telly, why are you a Muffin?” As I share with them the good reason that Muffy has revealed to me, I often encounter the same questions. The following FAQ is meant as an introduction to Muffy as well as a springboard for those who are interested in studying Muffy further. It is not exhaust ...[text shortened]... at is even better. To all my fellow Muffins, I exhort you to proclaim the good reason of Muffy.[/b]
    If being a Muffin is so cool, what about a Huffin or a Puffin? You're behind times, Muffy was assasinated by Huffy and Puffy when it got to Stuffy. πŸ˜‰
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 May '05 09:58
    to all the muffins out there:

i am still confused about muffy. is having muffy reveal herself to you a merit-based occurrence? if not, and muffy reveals herself to whomever she pleases, or randomly, that sucks -- how would that be any better than when coletti tells me that i have no free will and it is already predetermined whether or not i go to hell and i effectively have no control over it?

please tell me that there is method to muffy's madness and you are all clearly superior to me because she has revealed herself to you but not me. that would make sense to me, and give me something to shoot for. that would also make it more tolerable when starrman smugly tacks on "my son" to the end of his replies.

i tend to like the idea of a superior being who only reveals himself (herself?) when you have demonstrated worth without any tutelage, rather than one who micro-manages from day one how you should act by laying all rules on the table and then constantly reminding you how you can never achieve them. a surprise, merit-based revelation would really boost the self-esteem.

has muffy made any promises to you?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 May '05 12:09
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    MUFFY is the BIGGEST CAT. Ia! Ia!
    Got that one wrong... Buffy created Muffy, I suggest you become a Buffoon πŸ˜‰
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    17 May '05 15:15
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    sorry ,, but you have buffoonery all to yourself
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 May '05 16:43
    Surely, you are not questioning your own impeccable logic?

Why, I've seen more thoughtful skepticism from you in these Muffy threads than I ever imagined you could possess. I commend that. Now consider bravely applying this same healthy doubt to other gods.
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 May '05 17:02
    I wonder if Muffy hasn't already? For instance you have taken to referring to Muffy as a she. You also have very strong desires about how Muffy should be. These are all signs of Muffy revealing from within you. Also do not worry about hell. Unless Muffy reveals to you otherwise, I don't think Muffy is interested in torturing any humans.

please tell me that there is method to muffy's madness and you are all clearly superior to me because she has revealed herself to you but not me.

Again, I encourage you to re-examine the "Analogy of Faith" thread. Also bbar's comment on page 3 of "Why Muffy does not exist . . ."
    Finally, Brother Thousand gives a very nice run down of the spirit of Muffy on page 2 of "Can we see god?"

i tend to like the idea of a superior being who only reveals himself (herself?) when you have demonstrated worth without any tutelage, rather than one who micro-manages from day one how you should act by laying all rules on the table and then constantly reminding you how you can never achieve them. a surprise, merit-based revelation would really boost the self-esteem.

If you don't like rules, then why do you seek to be judged against them? AFAIK, Muffy could care less what you do. You are the creation of some deity (when engaged in a debate with a literalist fundy, this god is Yahweh.). Don't try so hard. Consider carefully the wisdom of Coletti, Darfius, Dj2becker, and Arby Hill. Read posts by other fundamentalists. Through them, Muffy will become known (or you'll became a fundy xtian πŸ™ ).

Remember: Muffy is not about making sense. Look at how dj2 struggles to disprove Muffy. That is what Muffy is all about. Muffinism is about being a reflection.

has muffy made any promises to you?

Muffy has not made any promises to me yet. (Know Promised Land or Great Nation) I think Muffy is just fact since the natural world is a fact. I thank Coletti for showing me this.
  8. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    17 May '05 18:29
    Dear prophet of Muffy,

I don't know who to believe or what to think. There are so many good people telling me that I will burn eternally or possibly have eternal bliss or maybe, even worse, cease to exist!! I know that last option can not be real because I am extremely important and can't possibly suddenly not exist any more. I find myself very confused about everything and don't know how I am supposed to think or how I am supposed to behave.

Can Muffy make everything clear to me so that I don't have take any real responsibility of my own. If Muffy could write it down for me in a book, perhaps with some chants (I like chants) that would be really great too. Also, iss there a Muffy club I can join so people can validate my own decision to follow Muffy and feel superior to those that haven't discovered Muffy yet? I don't think I would have the confidence to know I had made the right decision if there isn't.

Also, is it true about the rumours that Muffy doesn't mind people muff diving? I am very interested in this subject and other people tell that I will burn for a period of time or was it, be in eternal bliss, can't remember now.

Anyway, if you can assure me that Muffy will help me not have to be so afraid and alone, the cheque will be in the post.

9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 May '05 18:33
    Originally posted by Wheely
    Dear prophet of Muffy,

I don't know who to believe or what to think. There are so many good people telling me that I will burn eternally or possibly have eternal bliss or maybe, even worse, cease to exist!! I know that last option can not be real because I am extremely important and can't possibly suddenly not exist any more. I find myself very confuse ...[text shortened]... Muffy will help me not have to be so afraid and alone, the cheque will be in the post.

"The Muffy is strong in this one."
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 May '05 18:56
    Surely, you are not questioning your own impeccable logic?

Why, I've seen more thoughtful skepticism from you in these Muffy threads than I ever imagined you could possess. I commend that. Now consider bravely applying this same healthy doubt to other gods.
    Why should I be skeptic of a God that has revealed Himself to me?
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 May '05 19:24
    Why should I be skeptic of a God that has revealed Himself to me?
    I guess you shouldn't if you are sure that this idol is real and not some socialized figment of your imagination.

Of course, if you believe personal revelation is enough (and I have continually claimed that you do), then why do you try to convince us that Muffy is not real?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 May '05 19:34
    I guess you shouldn't if you are sure that this idol is real and not some socialized figment of your imagination.

Of course, if you believe personal revelation is enough (and I have continually claimed that you do), then why do you try to convince us that Muffy is not real?
    I did not claim that personal revelation alone was enough. There is nothing more to Muffy than personl revelation and a lot of imagination.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 May '05 19:48
    I did not claim that personal revelation alone was enough. There is nothing more to Muffy than personl revelation and a lot of imagination.
    There are the revelations of Muffy given through the posts here at RHP. That's a lot more historical evidence than your Bible has.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 May '05 20:00
    [b]Why I am a Muffin: An FAQ

People are always asking me, “Telly, why are you a Muffin?” As I share with them the good reason that Muffy has revealed to me, I often encounter the same questions. The following FAQ is meant as an introduction to Muffy as well as a springboard for those who are interested in studying Muffy further. It is not exhaust ...[text shortened]... at is even better. To all my fellow Muffins, I exhort you to proclaim the good reason of Muffy.[/b]
    You are a Muffin eventhough you don't believe in Muffy? I suppose that's where we differ. I am a Christian but I also believe in ChristπŸ˜‰ How can you belong to something you don't believe in? I suppose maybe you don't really know what you believe. Shame.πŸ™
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 May '05 20:17
    You are a Muffin eventhough you don't believe in Muffy? I suppose that's where we differ. I am a Christian but I also believe in ChristπŸ˜‰ How can you belong to something you don't believe in? I suppose maybe you don't really know what you believe. Shame.πŸ™
    You need to stop, dj2. Take a breathe. Go back and re-read everything that we've been writing about Muffy. You're embarassing yourself. It used to be funny. Now it is sad. You really should have figured it out by now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree