http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=902
  2. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 20:38
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Free video/audio on the topic....

the bible prophecy comes true because people make it true. i dont see any divine inspiration in that
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Mar '08 06:44
    Free video/audio on the topic....

I do not have audio on my pc. Can you summarize the key point?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 23:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I do not have audio on my pc. Can you summarize the key point?
    Prophecy in the bible was given hundreds, even thousands of years before the event. Most came to pass and confirmed, some by scientific evidence and most by historical discoveries. Hopefully, we will still be living to see the rest of God's prophecy come to pass right before our eyes. No other religion nor bible can make this claim. Jesus Christ is alive and well. He is returning to this earth as Lord of Lords and King of Kings.....All will bow before Him... some lovingly, some subjectively, but all, without exception, will bow.
  5. England
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 10:27
    Prophecy in the bible was given hundreds, even thousands of years before the event. Most came to pass and confirmed, some by scientific evidence and most by historical discoveries. Hopefully, we will still be living to see the rest of God's prophecy come to pass right before our eyes. No other religion nor bible can make this claim. Jesus Christ is aliv ...[text shortened]... will bow before Him... some lovingly, some subjectively, but all, without exception, will bow.
    you miss some will hide in mountains seeking death but it will be no more. Sitting on his throne, and a angel blowing a tumpet before him. One taken another left, If as a earlier post stated because men make it happen, yes men do make it happen by thier missdeeds, but god only knows the hour.
  6. Joined
    17 Apr '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 16:041 edit
    A few years ago I wrote a poem about prophecy & have been posting it on poetry websites. Below is the poem.

Bible Prophecy Gives Hope

Grevious and calamitous days are increasing.
    Apprehension permeates this age.
    The end of this age is fast approaching.
    Revelation reveals God’s judgment of world will soon rage.

Don’t lose hope--a new age is coming.
    At tribulation period’s end--Jesus Christ will return.
    Be patient, a much better age is forthcoming.
    Bible prophecy is never wrong--let it not be a concern.

Christ will return and reign perfectly.
    Glorified bodies we will have--no more sickness or pain.
    Perfect justice will be dealt with swiftly.
    Wars will be no more--perfect peace we will gain.

Between the races there will be no prejudice or hatred.
    Pure love will be experienced with each other in abundance.
    Selfishness and greed will be eradicated.
    Deceased people we have known will be in the state of recognizance

A peaceful age is approaching--this is a Biblical prediction.
    *All who trust Christ as Savior will therein dwell.
    Secure your future--receive God’s gift of salvation.
    With the Lord you will reign--all will be well.

*John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 10:9-10,13

(c) Jim Colton

Posted by Goodnews Messenger 77777 at 4:09 PM - No Comments Add a Comment (edit)

Bible Prophecy Gives Hope

Grievous and calamitous days are increasing.
    Apprehension permeates this age.
    The end of this age is fast approaching.
    Revelation reveals God’s judgment of world will soon rage.

Don’t lose hope--a new age is coming.
    At tribulation period’s end--Jesus Christ will return.
    Be patient, a much better age is forthcoming.
    Bible prophecy is never wrong--let it not be a concern.

Christ will return and reign perfectly.
    Glorified bodies we will have--no more sickness or pain.
    Perfect justice will be dealt with swiftly.
    Wars will be no more--perfect peace we will gain.

Between the races there will be no prejudice or hatred.
    Pure love will be experienced with each other in abundance.
    Selfishness and greed will be eradicated.
    Deceased people we have known will be in the state of recognizance

A peaceful age is approaching--this is a Biblical prediction.
    *All who trust Christ as Savior will therein dwell.
    Secure your future--receive God’s gift of salvation.
    With the Lord you will reign--all will be well.

*John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 10:9-10,13

(c) Jim Colton
  7. Joined
    17 Apr '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 16:10
    I made a mistake in copying the prophecy poem. I didn't mean to post it twice. Sorry.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 18:401 edit
    Prophecy in the bible was given hundreds, even thousands of years before the event. Most came to pass and confirmed, some by scientific evidence and most by historical discoveries. Hopefully, we will still be living to see the rest of God's prophecy come to pass right before our eyes. No other religion nor bible can make this claim. Jesus Christ is aliv ...[text shortened]... will bow before Him... some lovingly, some subjectively, but all, without exception, will bow.
    I don't see why all will bow...after all, we're capable of choosing to fry forever in a lake of fire, right? If we have the testicular fortitude to make that choice, I doubt Jesus can do anything to make us bow! [short of turning us into a kneeling automaton, of course...]
  9. Joined
    01 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 07:01
    Ezekiel 29:9-12 & 30:4-16 is a prophecy that Nebuchadrezzar (known elsewhere as Nebuchadnezzar) would destroy the land of Egypt, cause it's inhabitants to cease, make the land desolate & waste, that it would not be inhabited for 40 years, & that there would never again be a ruler in Egypt. The fact of history for all to see is that Nebuchadrezzar did not destroy Egypt. He did not make the land a desolate waste, it hasn't been uninhabited at any time in it's history, & to this day there is a ruler in Egypt (Hosni Mubarak currently). So history refutes this prophecy.

I have plenty more failed biblical prophecies if this isn't enough
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 07:31
    Prophecy in the bible was given hundreds, even thousands of years before the event. Most came to pass and confirmed, some by scientific evidence and most by historical discoveries. Hopefully, we will still be living to see the rest of God's prophecy come to pass right before our eyes. No other religion nor bible can make this claim.
    I am sure that there are other religions and Bibles that make similar claims. There are certainly lots and lots of people who claim to have either prophesied correctly or to have interpreted some ancient writing as fulfilled prophesy.
    A scientific analysis of Biblical prophesy would show that it is not particularly accurate or unusual.
    None of the prophesies regarding a messiah came to pass - no messiah has arrived. Yes I know you think Jesus fulfilled those prophesies but it is painfully obvious to anyone willing to look that the writers of the gospels knew the prophesies and made up the gospels to fit - and they still got it wrong in a number of cases.
    I bet Nostradamus beat Biblical prophesy by far.
  11. Australia
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 03:35
    Can you reveal some of this evidence and show us their source please, it would be nice to assess the validity of your claims.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 22:27
    Originally posted by timebombted
    Can you reveal some of this evidence and show us their source please, it would be nice to assess the validity of your claims.
    Watch the video's...🙂
  13. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 17:42
    Watch the video's...🙂
    I am going to make some viedos to about that topic also!
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 00:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am sure that there are other religions and Bibles that make similar claims. There are certainly lots and lots of people who claim to have either prophesied correctly or to have interpreted some ancient writing as fulfilled prophesy.
    A scientific analysis of Biblical prophesy would show that it is not particularly accurate or unusual.
    None of the proph ...[text shortened]... they still got it wrong in a number of cases.
    I bet Nostradamus beat Biblical prophesy by far.
    Every prophecy came to pass regarding the Messiah and yes Jesus did fulfill those prophesies. Your reasoning is not correct.. How do you know that the Messiah has not arrived? Did God tell you that.... more than likely not. How did the Gospels prove that it was a carefully orchestrated hoax? Either the Bible and it's claims are true or they are not and the Bible has never been proven to be inaccurate or wrongly worded. This is mans attempt to distort the real truth and do not want to believe anything that tells them how they should live and act. Someday we will(you and I included)indeed bow down before Christ and proclaim Him King of Kings and Lord of Lords. As far as Nostradamus being more accurate than Biblical prophecy... that is most certainly not true. Nostrodamus dealt in the Occult and most of predictions did not come true as many people think. But you keep on believing what you want to that is your choice. Even Satan believes in God. I think that the verse, 1st Corinthians 1:18, is very true and hits the nail on the head.
  15. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 00:52
    Originally posted by littlebrownbug
    Every prophecy came to pass regarding the Messiah and yes Jesus did fulfill those prophesies. Your reasoning is not correct.. How do you know that the Messiah has not arrived? Did God tell you that.... more than likely not. How did the Gospels prove that it was a carefully orchestrated hoax? Either the Bible and it's claims are true or they are not an ...[text shortened]... God. I think that the verse, 1st Corinthians 1:18, is very true and hits the nail on the head.
    Satan believes in god because without that belief he ceases to exist. Your point is circular. I don't believe in what I want as you put it. I simply believe in what I've seen proof for. If there is little or no proof then I don't believe. There is no choice involved, its simply how my brain works. If its proven to my satisfaction then I believe otherwise not. I've read the bible and many other religious texts several times and none of them provide any proof. All they provide is a story and demand a leap of faith. I've actually enjoyed reading the stories, but the leap of faith is something that I will never make. Prove it to me and I'll believe. The best I can do is acknowledge that if there is a god he certainly doesn't care whether we believe or not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree