1. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 04:40
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Through tradition.
    That's about as vague as it gets Darfius. Care to expound a bit?
  2. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 05:03
    http://www.unmaskingcatholicism.com/Chapter-08.shtml
    Constantine was a pagan. Was all his life. He merged the two religions together to save his own neck. Litteraly. He stole the holidays and traditions of the pagans to ease the threat of civil war; to give the populace a sence that thier gods had not been forgotten. Constantine used Christianity to control the populace or die.

RTh
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 05:11
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    Constantine was a pagan. Was all his life. He merged the two religions together to save his own neck. Litteraly. He stole the holidays and traditions of the pagans to ease the threat of civil war; to give the populace a sence that thier gods had not been forgotten. Constantine used Christianity to control the populace or die.

RTh
    Yep, and the popes played right along.
  4. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 05:13
    Yep, and the popes played right along.
    Why would you post such a bunk link?
  5. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 23:42
    Because the early Catholic popes (who also murdered, stole, raped, had homosexual sex) turned her from a loyal and true follower of the One God to a pagan goddess.
    Kind of like Swaggert dicking around with that whore in California right?
  6. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 20:33
    No, because God favors patriarchal always. Does it mean He thinks women are the lesser gender? Of course not. It means men and women have different God-given talents.
    Why do you say that god favors patriarchal societies always? The Jews or Hebrews if you prefer are a matriarchal society and they are and always have been the chosen people of god.
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 20:55
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    Why do you say that god favors patriarchal societies always? The Jews or Hebrews if you prefer are a matriarchal society and they are and always have been the chosen people of god.
    How did you come to this conclusion?
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 21:40
    How did you come to this conclusion?
    I think it says so in the bible.

And Jesus was Jew. Presumably God would send his son as the chosen race, wouldn't he?

He certainly didn't send him as a redneck.
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 21:57
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I think it says so in the bible.

And Jesus was Jew. Presumably God would send his son as the chosen race, wouldn't he?

He certainly didn't send him as a redneck.
    I meant how are the Jews a matriarchal society? I see no females in the Sanhedrin.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 01:00
    One bump for ya, Ivanhoe; they're plenty more.
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 01:10
    I meant how are the Jews a matriarchal society? I see no females in the Sanhedrin.
    Jews apparently became a matrilineal society during the Roman occupation. I’m not sure that scholars have any idea exactly what year. The problem, apparently, had to do with the rape of Jewish women by the Romans—impregnate enough women in a patrilineal society and pretty soon you have reduced the number of de jure Jews. Judaism is matrilineal today.

No.1, I know that’s not why you bumped this thread, but I had not seen it before, so…
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 01:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    One bump for ya, Ivanhoe; they're plenty more.
    What are you trying to prove, marauder ? That in fact I should be on your side and approve of your bullying tactics ? Forget it !
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 05:05
    Geez, some of this stuff is so idiotic, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Darfius: No, because God favors patriarchal always.

Amazing.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 09:58
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter

RTh
    You know the word 'Villain ' was the original word for a person who lived in a village, nothing more. The catholic church found people who lived in villages quite hard to convert, since they still wanted to worship the nature, to which they lived so close. Thus the church gave villain a negative connotation - people not to be trusted, likely to kill you or likely to steal from you, until it had its modern meaning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree