1. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 11:08
    Why do people keep spurting the name of christ and god on this forum in the most primitive of ways...Nietzsche said 'god is dead', let him (for he is a patriarchal god) RIP.
    Find a new vision and world view, a truer one than a 2000 year old philosophy..... There is no god and if there was s/he/it certainly wouldn't be a christian or for that matter, a Muslim or Hindu god...
    We are animals of a chance occurence, we live and we die and that is all.
  2. Joined
    14 Feb '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 11:51
    yeah,,, were all just a bunch of atoms on a conveyer belt to to the cemetery
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 13:30
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Why do people keep spurting the name of christ and god on this forum in the most primitive of ways...Nietzsche said 'god is dead', let him (for he is a patriarchal god) RIP.
    Find a new vision and world view, a truer one than a 2000 year old philosophy..... There is no god and if there was s/he/it certainly wouldn't be a christian or for that matter, a ...[text shortened]... m or Hindu god...
    I believe that in the Person of Jesus Christ God and man are mingled together in the most unique union of life. Christ is not only the Savior but He is what God meant by "human being".

Christ is the perfect union of divinity and humanity. I believe that Christ is not only the Lord and Head of a new eternal humanity but the "standard model" of what humanity is to be in God's eternal purpose.

For this reason I think that if one really wants to understand the universe one has to study the Person of Jesus Christ. I believe that the universe is just a stage and a proper environment where the Creator can carry out this union of joining His uncreated and eternal Being with our created being.

The expression and model of this perfect union is in the God - man Jesus Christ. He is not merely God off in an objective sense. He is God and man united in an organic mingling for His expression and our enjoyment.

The Bible concludes with a marriage of the Triune God joining Himself with the redeemed, regenerated, sanctified, resurrected and glorified elect of God to be His sons with His life.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 13:36
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I believe that in the Person of Jesus Christ God and man are mingled together in the most unique union of life. Christ is not only the Savior but He is what God meant by "human being".

Christ is the perfect union of divinity and humanity. I believe that Christ is not only the Lord and Head of a new eternal humanity but the "standard model" of what human ...[text shortened]... generated, sanctified, resurrected and glorified elect of God to be His sons with His life.
    Your post is merely a statement of belief..... a belief that others do not share, how can you believe a 2000 year old doctrine, do you still belive the world is flat!!!!!?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 13:58
    Find a new vision and world view, a truer one than a 2000 year old philosophy..... There is no god and if there was s/he/it certainly wouldn't be a christian or for that matter, a ...[text shortened]... m or Hindu god...
    Your post is merely a statement of belief..... a belief that others do not share, how can you believe a 6000 year old doctrine, do you still belive the world is flat!!!!!?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 15:221 edit
    Your post is merely a statement of belief..... a belief that others do not share, how can you believe a 2000 year old doctrine, do you still belive the world is flat!!!!!?
    I think that one has consider that the test of time can be significant. If it was a new teaching some people will say "What is this new fad?? Nobody ever thought this stuff before." But if it is a very old teaching other people will say "This is not modern and up to date enough. We need new ideas."

My only point here is that there are certain advantages to something having passed through the test of time and many changing ages. I would not write off the New Testament simply because it is not the latest "thing".

Christ's Person and teaching has passed through much testing of time. Both from within the church and outside of the church there have been problems and oppositions of every imaginable sort. The gospel is a anvil that has worn out many hammers.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 15:341 edit
    FreakyKBH,

Where have you ever heard before that Christ is the mingling of God and man? Where have you heard the word "mingle" used to discribe a perfect union of divinity and humanity in Jesus?

Have you ever heard that God's eternal purpose was to mass produce sons of God after the standard model of His Son Jesus Christ?

The New Testament may be 2,000 years with us. But I think I am expressing the essense of it in words that you probably have not heard too much of before.

I think some aspects of the teaching of the Bible have been under appreciated. And I am presenting a somewhat fresh and vital approach to an old teaching to highlight aspects of it that are quite relevant to today's people.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 18:111 edit
    We cannot all agree on the notion that Christ died and was never raised from the dead. What we can all agree on, however, is that Neitzsche is dead. 😛

In fact, if nothing else Christ lives in our thoughts alone due to the fact that every day of the week we think of him and talk to him and worship him on our Sabbaths. Neitzesche, however, is but a worm feast.

I find your notion that a 2000 years old philosophy needs to be changed due to its age as interesting, however. Does time have a way of causing a philosophy to deteriorate as it has a way of ravaging our bodies?
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 18:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    We cannot all agree on the notion that Christ died and was never raised from the dead. What we can all agree on, however, is that Neitzsche is dead. 😛

In fact, if nothing else Christ lives in our thoughts alone due to the fact that every day of the week we think of him and talk to him and worship him on our Sabbaths. Neitzesche, however, is but a wor ...[text shortened]... s time have a way of causing a philosophy to deteriorate as it has a way of ravaging our bodies?
    Well, time does uncover new facts. These facts may or may not be consistent with an older idea.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '06 19:10
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Well, time does uncover new facts. These facts may or may not be consistent with an older idea.
    What facts are you referring to if any?
  11. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '06 01:09
    Personally, I agree with you. We live in a random, meaningless universe, and everything we say and do ultimately is futile because one day the sun is going to crash into the earth and a new civilisation will be born. That said, there is nothing wrong with creating meaning for our lives, because if we're all going to die one day we might as well make the most of the time we've got here. So each of us creates our own God. Yours might be Nietzsche, mine is football, someone else's might be their career. And for those stuck for ideas, they simply make their God up, and that is how religion is formed. I don't think there is anything wrong with following Christianity, or Islam, or Buddhism, or whatever, because many of these religions offer valuable insights and philosophies. However, I think it is healthy to remember that at the end of the day, meaning is something we fabricate to make ourselves feel better about the random and isolated nature of our existence, and not to get too carried away with the importance of whatever 'religion' we might choose for ourselves.

B.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 04:27
    Originally posted by Bromage
    Personally, I agree with you. We live in a random, meaningless universe, and everything we say and do ultimately is futile because one day the sun is going to crash into the earth and a new civilisation will be born. That said, there is nothing wrong with creating meaning for our lives, because if we're all going to die one day we might as well make the most ...[text shortened]... rried away with the importance of whatever 'religion' we might choose for ourselves.

B.
    The main thing is not whether or not god exists but whether people THINK it exists or not. The point to remember is even if god does not exist, people act in such a way as they THINK it exists and make up all kinds of mutually exclusive myths and edicts they THINK comes from such a god and that unfortunately makes it real enough for people to get killed over it.
    My personal view is all this mutual exclusivity does not get balanced by all the comminality in religion. I think the mutual exclusives KILL the evidence of godhood in these religions. I cannot see a god setting people up in such a way as they kill one another based simply on viewing differant edicts from this god. Unless that god is insane. Either way, to me there is no godliness here, only edicts of mankind wanting to control as many people as possible and especially to be opressive to women.
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 04:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    What facts are you referring to if any?
    Well, we don't think the earth is 6,000 years old any more.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 04:53
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I think that one has consider that the test of time can be significant. If it was a new teaching some people will say "What is this new fad?? Nobody ever thought this stuff before." But if it is a very old teaching other people will say "This is not modern and up to date enough. We need new ideas."

My only point here is that there are certain advantage ...[text shortened]... positions of every imaginable sort. The gospel is a anvil that has worn out many hammers.
    You are right. So which should I pick, Hinduism or Zoroastrianism?.
  15. Joined
    01 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '06 05:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The main thing is not whether or not god exists but whether people THINK it exists or not. The point to remember is even if god does not exist, people act in such a way as they THINK it exists and make up all kinds of mutually exclusive myths and edicts they THINK comes from such a god and that unfortunately makes it real enough for people to get killed ove ...[text shortened]... f mankind wanting to control as many people as possible and especially to be opressive to women.
    This is my point exactly. Religion is only relevant because it is something fabricated by human beings in an attempt to explain the inexplicable. Therefore it doesn't really matter if God does exist or not, what matters for religious people is that they continue to believe that he does. What the second half of your thread is proving is simply the flaws and negative aspects that can derive from religions as a result of being invented by people. After all, human nature isn't always such a beautiful thing and sometimes this comes through in our religions.

B.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree