1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '15 20:051 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have no need for sanskit word. I accept the word of God from the Holy Bible.
    And therein lies the problem with religion. People who get so brainwashed by their own religion, they use their so-called god as an excuse to kill. Such a spiritual thing to do. Kill people because you think your god approves or demands it.

You can't open your mind enough to even include the possibility of other religions having some kind of truth. Only MY religion has THE truth.

That is the biggest scam of religions of all kinds.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 May '15 21:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And therein lies the problem with religion. People who get so brainwashed by their own religion, they use their so-called god as an excuse to kill. Such a spiritual thing to do. Kill people because you think your god approves or demands it.

You can't open your mind enough to even include the possibility of other religions having some kind of truth. Only MY religion has THE truth.

That is the biggest scam of religions of all kinds.
    I am not using my religion as an excuse to kill. What excuse do you use to kill? Or do you just kill without excuse?
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    26 May '15 15:20
    I am not using my religion as an excuse to kill. What excuse do you use to kill? Or do you just kill without excuse?
    Personally I get my meat from a butchers shop how it got there is between the farmer and the butcher.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '15 00:54
    I have no need for sanskit word. I accept the word of God from the Holy Bible.
    Do you mean the UN-Holy animal slaughtering Bible.

True Holy men do not subscribe to slaughtering animals and eating meat.

Any Holy man who eats meat is a false Holy man and a cheater of the innocent.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 May '15 20:28
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Do you mean the UN-Holy animal slaughtering Bible.

True Holy men do not subscribe to slaughtering animals and eating meat.

Any Holy man who eats meat is a false Holy man and a cheater of the innocent.
    The most holy men were those that performed animal sacrifice. God looked with more favor on the animal sacrifice of Abel than the vegetable sacrifice of Cain. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 May '15 10:57
    The most holy men were those that performed animal sacrifice. God looked with more favor on the animal sacrifice of Abel than the vegetable sacrifice of Cain. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Yeah, just look at how spiritual people like old Abe was, ready to plunge a knife into his own son to satisfy his lord. Or all those people your gracious god supposedly killed during the non-existent world wide flood. Yessir, a great religion you have there, jealous god and all.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 May '15 13:531 edit
    Yeah, just look at how spiritual people like old Abe was, ready to plunge a knife into his own son to satisfy his lord. Or all those people your gracious god supposedly killed during the non-existent world wide flood. Yessir, a great religion you have there, jealous god and all.
    What would you say to the interpretation that God was testing Abraham to see if he'd do something immoral on command? That what God really wanted was for Abraham to defy the order?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 May '15 15:40
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    What would you say to the interpretation that God was testing Abraham to see if he'd do something immoral on command? That what God really wanted was for Abraham to defy the order?
    What about the part where this alleged god is omniscient and therefore knew in advance old Abe would have gone through with it, therefore the whole stupid test was not needed by this alleged god in the first place.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 May '15 00:12
    What about the part where this alleged god is omniscient and therefore knew in advance old Abe would have gone through with it, therefore the whole stupid test was not needed by this alleged god in the first place.
    Abraham wasn't omniscient. Perhaps he needed to learn a lesson. (Perhaps he ain't the only one. 😕)
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '15 01:48
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Personally I get my meat from a butchers shop how it got there is between the farmer and the butcher.
    I don't kill my food either. I get it at a restaurant or a food store.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '15 01:52
    Abraham proved that he believed God and had faith in Him. That faith was counted to him as righteousness.

HalleluYaHshua !!! Praies the LORD!
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 May '15 13:53
    Abraham proved that he believed God and had faith in Him. That faith was counted to him as righteousness.

HalleluYaHshua !!! Praies the LORD!
    Right, like a frigging GOD, omniscient, would have already known Abe to be a trusty dude and didn't need to prove anything, to Abe, who already know he was trusty to a god, or the god, who also would have known well in advance exactly what Abe was thinking.

So it just goes to show how the whole thing was written by humans with no god needed, just another stupid story made up by men trying to add to the control of the believers.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 May '15 14:00
    I don't kill my food either. I get it at a restaurant or a food store.
    Although mostly delivered to your padded cell.
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 May '15 05:56
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Abraham wasn't omniscient. Perhaps he needed to learn a lesson. (Perhaps he ain't the only one. 😕)
    Well, that's an interesting twist that merits some thought. Are you saying that Abraham wasn't tested so that god could figure out if Abraham's faith was good, but that it was all for Abraham's benefit?

You suggested above that god wanted to test if Abraham would do something immoral on command, but god would already know how Abraham would respond, so that doesn't make sense, as sonhouse pointed out.

But this is a subtly different point you're making. Care to expand on it?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '15 06:11
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Well, that's an interesting twist that merits some thought. Are you saying that Abraham wasn't tested so that god could figure out if Abraham's faith was good, but that it was all for Abraham's benefit?

You suggested above that god wanted to test if Abraham would do something immoral on command, but god would already know how Abraham would respond, ...[text shortened]... nhouse pointed out.

But this is a subtly different point you're making. Care to expand on it?
    The test was obviously for the benefit of Isaac and those that follow in the faith.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree