Why religion is dumb - reason 1.

Why religion is dumb - reason 1.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Birmingham

Moves
22 Sep 05

No my dear you got it all wrong. God created you and me so that we may have a relationship with Him not that we may suffer in hell. Its actually supposed to be a father-son or father daughter relationship. If anyone denies God, the 1st thing to happen is an unfulfilled life. God is the originator of life and has all reasons why we are here. If we dont ask Him why He did it, we will miss our purpose and destiny.So as we believe in Him, He will love us thoroughly and give us much happiness now and even in the life to come. So just come to Him and He will accept you no matter what you have done and you can actually do it today and now. God bless

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
What is your postal address, I will gladly post you a Bible sothat you could read it?

Now dont be a chicken! This is for real!
I didn't think the bible mentioned what Jesus was doing 1000 years ago. I did mention what he apparently did 2000 years ago though.

R

somewher near London

Moves
23 Sep 05

Originally posted by howardgee
If a person went around claiming that a giant cockroach created the universe and demanding that we all repent to the giant cockroach or else burn for all eternity in hell, then we would doubt his sanity.

Why should it be any different when people make the same claim, substituting a human being for the cockroach?
What a load of absolute rubbish, you seem to know so little about religion its quite amusing.

h

Cosmos

Moves
25 Sep 05

Originally posted by RazzleBreezer
What a load of absolute rubbish, you seem to know so little about religion its quite amusing.
...and you know so little about syntax and spelling, "IT'S" very sad.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Title & author please...
Found it.

The author is Poul Anderson. The story is called "The Problem of Pain". It originally appeared in a magazine(?) called Fantasy and Science Fiction in February 1973, but I read it in part 1 of a collection of stories called The Earth Book of Stormgate.

The point I originally mentioned from it in this thread is actually only a very small part of the story, but the overall theme of the story - an alien race having a radically different concept of God - is definitely relevant to our topic. Certainly an interesting read.