1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    30 May '07 19:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think I have already made a claim somewhere that clouds are responsible for their actions. Are you saying that Hurricane Katrina was not responsible for the devastation in new Orleans? Who was then? Did God do it?
    The critical think is the 'held to account' bit. I have already said that I don't believe in the Christian view of a vast accounting book in ...[text shortened]... not intentionally given up on any threads so if you let me know which one I can go and post.
    Not sure which thread you mean as there are so many. I have not intentionally given up on any threads so if you let me know which one I can go and post.

Free will v destiny page 2
  2. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    31 May '07 19:13
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Let's explore this a bit.

You see a child you don't know drowning in a lake. You can swim and,
    as a healthy adult, the lake doesn't pose any drowning danger to you.
    You are almost entirely certain that you would be able to reach the child
    in time to save it, and you note that the only other person around is what
    you suppose is the child's elderly g ...[text shortened]... you would choose the option to save the child rather
    than let it drown?

Nemesio
    I hope the child can hang on for an hour or two. You see, i just ate a dozen hot dogs and a case of Bud. Wouldn't want to get cramps and die along with the kid. I prefere that God snap his fingers and save the child. How did i get involved with this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree