1. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '09 18:13
    New Testament tells us:

1) Mary, biological mother of Jesus, was a virgin when she gave birth to her first-born.

2) Jesus was of the House of David, via Mary.

3) Because of (2), when Jesus was a single cell the DNA content must have been that of Mary and nothing else, including a single X-chromosome, i.e.XO

3) Why, then, was Jesus born male and not female with characteristics of Turner's?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Mar '09 19:03
    Originally posted by znsho
    New Testament tells us:

1) Mary, biological mother of Jesus, was a virgin when she gave birth to her first-born.

2) Jesus was of the House of David, via Mary.

3) Because of (2), when Jesus was a single cell the DNA content must have been that of Mary and nothing else, including a single X-chromosome, i.e.XO

3) Why, then, was Jesus born male and not female with characteristics of Turner's?
    Everyone knows that the Holy Spirit is guy. That's where he got the male chromo from. It was in vitro fertilization.
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 00:27
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Everyone knows that the Holy Spirit is guy. That's where he got the male chromo from. It was in vitro fertilization.
    this means the holy spirit must have had a physical form the night of conception.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 04:29
    this means the holy spirit must have had a physical form the night of conception.
    Yeah, but only for about a nanosecond. He's a smooth operator.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 05:29
    If God can make the whole universe then enough DNA to fertilize an egg should not be too much trouble. It depends on what you believe about miracles and how they work.
    Maybe God simply arranged for some human man of his choice to visit her and do the honors on his behalf. I really don't know why that would matter to him or even to Christians.
    Its far more likely of course that the whole story was made up by the gospel writers to make it look like prophesy was being fulfilled. If Mary had told such a story then it would have been to explain away a pregnancy before marriage. I suspect though that no-one would have believed her, so it is more likely she never told such a story.
  6. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 15:59
    Premature ejaculation?
  7. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 16:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If God can make the whole universe then enough DNA to fertilize an egg should not be too much trouble. It depends on what you believe about miracles and how they work.
    Maybe God simply arranged for some human man of his choice to visit her and do the honors on his behalf. I really don't know why that would matter to him or even to Christians.
    Its far mo ...[text shortened]... t though that no-one would have believed her, so it is more likely she never told such a story.
    Well, I agree with you. In a way, the deeper issue is, what exactly was present in Jesus when he was a single cell. If, as some Christians believe, he was God in human form, what was it in that cell making it so, and where was God during gestation? If the Son of God or, indeed, messenger of God, why is a virgin birth necessary and at what point did Jesus realise he was something quite significant to do with God?
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Mar '09 17:00
    Premature ejaculation?
    Hey, it got him out of getting calls the next day.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 21:05
    If some human was the father than she would not have been a Virgin.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 21:10
    My girl complains when I'm finished after 30 seconds. Didn't Mary complain?
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    20 Jun '09 17:26
    NO!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree