1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    11 May '05 23:30
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    But what else is there to do in the Spirituality forum?
    We could spend our time in the debates forum instead, and cede this territory to the savages.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 May '05 23:371 edit
    Given all this, why do you continue to waste your time trying to persuade them to take their blinders off?

I suppose the good reason is that I don't like seeing this insanity go unaddressed. The crap spreads like wildfire (consider the kangaroo court in Kansas for example). If all an undecided reader encounters is Coletti, et. al., clamoring endlessly about how there is so much natural evidence for their myths and how any modern science that does not support their views is worthless, then these guys effectively shape the discourse. By challenging them and exposing the brittle foundations of their arguments, I hope that it will become woefully obvious to all but the zealous that their ideas lie far outside any accepted norm.

The poor reason? I have an addiction and I need help.

3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 May '05 23:41
    Originally posted by bbarr
    We could spend our time in the debates forum instead, and cede this territory to the savages.
    The debates forum is strategically important, but sometimes you've got fight the battle on their soil. Besides if some of us don't keep them occupied here, what's to stop them from remembering the Debates forum?

4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    12 May '05 00:55
    Originally posted by Coletti
    [b] I think a rationalist theistic viewpoint we say that God would leave his footprints according to the physical laws he created. If we are to accept that there is evidence we can see of God's existence, then that evidence should be consistent with how things act in our physical reality.

I disagree. God is not limited by the laws he ...[text shortened]... ABOUT GOD? (Is that a hard question? Afraid I am trying to trick you? What are you afraid of?)[/b]
    Through the first gate he led her out and returned to her her loin-cloth.
    Through the second gate he led her out and returned to her the spangles of her hands and feet
    Through the third gate he led her out and returned to her the girdle of her body, studded with birth-stones.
    Through the fourth gate he led her out and returned to her the ornaments of her breast.
    Through the fifth gate he led her out and returned to her her necklace.
    Through the sixth gate he led her out and returned her earrings.
    Through the seventh gate he led her out and returned to her the large crown for her head.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree