1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 18:56
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Try again, hint what is the sum of todays world population plus population 3 generations ago?
    That proves that human history is young. Maybe 6,000 years like the good book indicates.

The Instructor
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 19:50
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    ... The same omniscience and omnipotence that revealed its person, plan and provisions safeguards the vehicle.
    By "vehicle," do you mean scripture?

My grandmother didn't like it when the pastor read from translations of the Bible other than the King James. She insisted that only the KJ was inerrant.

Is there a version of the Bible that the Spirit of God has revealed to you is the inerrant one?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '13 22:031 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    By "vehicle," do you mean scripture?

My grandmother didn't like it when the pastor read from translations of the Bible other than the King James. She insisted that only the KJ was inerrant.

Is there a version of the Bible that the Spirit of God has revealed to you is the inerrant one?
    Yes, Paul, from the autograph manuscripts through numerous translations; children's versions with color pictures and maps; amplified text with footnotes; to study versions with ancient languages of the time/parallel with Present Day English page by page (I believe for use in seminaries still offering the courses). My Maternal and Paternal Grandmothers felt the same, though they welcomed Swedish Pastors reading and/or praying or hymns in their native tongue. Otherwise, they took considerable pleasure in hearing promises and other passages they loved in the thundering diction of the King James.

My Pastor-Teacher, Robert B. Thieme III for the past two years; and his father, Robert B. Thieme, Jr., until retirement following a ministry at Berachah Church, Houston, TX, of fifty years quoted memorized passages from the NASB to their congregations (in expository verse by verse teaching based on the original languages of Scripture, in light of historical contexts in which the Bible was written). During daily study sessions both used the original languages of scripture. -Bob

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree