1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 04:37
    According to George H. Bush's Christian beliefs, he saw his death as an opportunity to be reunited with his beloved wife Barbara.

Does this concept or expectation of feelings and relationships that will be felt and experienced in "Heaven" mean that, according to Christian belief, there can also be feelings like sadness, regret and anger at being separated from loved ones as a result how the application of eternal punishment to different people pans out?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 08:12
    @fmf said
    According to George H. Bush's Christian beliefs, he saw his death as an opportunity to be reunited with his beloved wife Barbara.

Does this concept or expectation of feelings and relationships that will be felt and experienced in "Heaven" mean that, according to Christian belief, there can also be feelings like sadness, regret and anger at being separated from loved ones as a result how the application of eternal punishment to different people pans out?
    What a strange post yours is. You sound like a funeral director.

According to the Bible, upon death the believer is in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:8
    We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

As for the one that rejects Christ.

Matthew 25:30
    And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 09:41
    @secondson said
    What a strange post yours is. You sound like a funeral director.

According to the Bible, upon death the believer is in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:8
    We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

As for the one that rejects Christ.

Matthew 25:30
    And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    The OP question is not about the "the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ" and the "gnashing of teeth" of non-Christians. The OP is asking about the fate of one's individual 'identity' ~ personhood, personal narrative, the impact of relationships ~ when a believer goes to "Heaven". Read it again.

If someone like George H. Bush goes to "Heaven" ~ according to Christian beliefs ~ and finds that Barbara Bush is not there, can the sadness, regrets and perhaps anger he would presumably feel exist in "Heaven"?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 10:22
    “Gnashing of teeth”

This always makes me smile when Christians insert this into a post.

gnash gnash gnash gnash gnash gnash
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 10:401 edit
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 10:451 edit
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 10:51
    @sonship said
    The OP is about Christian belief regarding posthumous personhood for those who attain everlasting life a.k.a. go to "Heaven".
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    04 Dec '18 19:02
    @fmf said

what i have come to understand is that the exultant joy at being united with God has the effect of us "forgetting" about past loves...
    while i remember lovers from my youth, and later, i no longer have the desire to be with them...

my penny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree