1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 19:50
    “The chief danger that confronts the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, heaven without hell.”

― William Booth
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 20:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    “The chief danger that confronts the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, heaven without hell.”

― William Booth
    He could not have foreseen the Muslim uprising.
    That is very much politics with god.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 20:39
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    He could not have foreseen the Muslim uprising.
    That is very much politics with god.
    Religion without the Holy Ghost, I'd say Mr. Booth nailed it.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 21:152 edits

― William Booth
    Seems like the vast majority of Christians have an expectation of "forgiveness without repentance" if one considers the true meaning of repentance as given by God in Ezekiel 18. This true meaning of repentance is compatible with what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth, but not with the beliefs of the vast majority of Christians who expect to be forgiven with having repented.

Ezekiel 18
    21“But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statutes and practices justice and righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22“All his transgressions which he has committed will not be remembered against him; because of his righteousness which he has practiced, he will live. 23“Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked,” declares the Lord GOD, “rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?24“But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die.
    30“Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, each according to his conduct,” declares the Lord GOD. “Repent and turn away from all your transgressions, so that iniquity may not become a stumbling block to you. 31“Cast away from you all your transgressions which you have committed and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! For why will you die, O house of Israel? 32“For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies,” declares the Lord GOD. “Therefore, repent and live.”
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 22:10

― William Booth
    What's wrong with heaven without hell?
  6. Wales
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 00:32
    We dont know what the Holy Ghoast is
    We dont know what electricity is.
    Well I dont!
  7. Wales
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 00:34
    Sorry for spelling mistake
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 01:14
    Religion without the Holy Ghost, I'd say Mr. Booth nailed it.
    That is Islam alright. Islam is also Muslims possessed by demons. 😏
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 01:362 edits
    Originally posted by Welsh invader
    We dont know what the Holy Ghoast is
    We dont know what electricity is.
    Well I dont!
    The Holy Ghost is the Holy Spirit or God. The Holy Ghost is the third divine person of the Triune Godhead. The Holy Ghost is the "comforter" sent from the Father to help Christian believers at the request of Jesus, the Son of God. The Holy Ghost is the third Holy divine person referred to In Isaiah 6:3 and Revelation 4:8. The Holy Ghost is the third divine person with the same name as God, spoken of by Christ in Matthew 28:19.

HalleluYaH !!!
    Praise the LORD !!!
    Holy! Holy! Holy!
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 22:43

― William Booth
    He was speaking about the 20th Century.
    And wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree