Wind

Standard membergambit3
Spirituality 08 Jul '09 18:30
  1. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 18:30
    "He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind:".......... What does it mean to inherit the wind?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 18:56
    Originally posted by gambit3
    "He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind:".......... What does it mean to inherit the wind?
    The passage is about people whose parents attached big wind turbines to their house. They shall inherit the wind.
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 19:29
    Maybe it's God's breath... meaning that you shouldn't cause trouble in your own household, you know punishment from God.

The last poster was incorrect.
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 19:41
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Maybe it's God's breath... meaning that you shouldn't cause trouble in your own household, you know punishment from God.

The last poster was incorrect.
    God does not do this. The cause is the foolishness of troubling your own house or family. Whatever the reward of the wind is it is not a good thing and something a fool causes to happen.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 19:42
    God does not do this. The cause is the foolishness of troubling your own house or family. Whatever the reward of the wind is it is not a good thing and something a fool causes to happen.
    Then what are you saying the wind is? You don't think God controls the wind? Have you ever read the part of the Bible where Jesus calms the winds?
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 20:151 edit
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Then what are you saying the wind is? You don't think God controls the wind? Have you ever read the part of the Bible where Jesus calms the winds?
    I believe I was asking about what the wind might be. I do not think the wind in the proverb is the wind of the atmosphere.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 20:34
    What the wind might be? Then what were you talking about?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 20:57
    I believe I was asking about what the wind might be. I do not think the wind in the proverb is the wind of the atmosphere.
    there are numerous Biblical references to 'striving after the wind', my friend, which literally means grasping at nothing, or vanity, thus the verse you are referring to Proverbs 11:29 would suggest that the wind in this case, is used in an illustrative sense to signify something with no substance, like grasping at air.
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 22:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there are numerous Biblical references to 'striving after the wind', my friend, which literally means grasping at nothing, or vanity, thus the verse you are referring to Proverbs 11:29 would suggest that the wind in this case, is used in an illustrative sense to signify something with no substance, like grasping at air.
    Whatever forms this wind takes it is a emptyness of one own making. People are at times their own worst enemy. The Proverbs tell about some painful and harsh realities at times.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 22:532 edits
    Whatever forms this wind takes it is a emptyness of one own making. People are at times their own worst enemy. The Proverbs tell about some painful and harsh realities at times.
    Yes my friend, he brings the trouble upon himself! an example of this form Bible would be Achen, who stole and hid some stuff that was meant to be dedicated to God, thus he brought trouble upon his whole family, who aided him in his crime. A modern day example may be someone who has got some addiction that may affect his family, its a senseless and useless thing lacking substance, but its effects are felt by everyone. Yes the proverbs tell some painful lessons, but there are also a great many practical lessons as well!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree