1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 18:221 edit
    @ jonah hinds, yawn, i posted how to make a dinosaur science lecture for you, its hosted by grover from sesame street
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 18:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you provide some authentic references which help explain your position that (as I'm understanding you), extra biblical (current accepted editions and translations) text should be considered and spirit inspired?
    You need me to prove that the apostles and the early churches used the Septuagint or that the 1611 KJV is an inspired Bible?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 18:501 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You need me to prove that the apostles and the early churches used the Septuagint or that the 1611 KJV is an inspired Bible?
    Oh dear.

No...As you are well aware, I'm asking you to provide some level of validation for your exclamation that that you don't why the Wisdom of Sirach, which you seem to spiritually equate with traditional scripture, is not in the current bible.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 19:391 edit
    Oh dear.

No...As you are well aware, I'm asking you to provide some level of validation for your exclamation that that you don't why the Wisdom of Sirach, which you seem to spiritually equate with traditional scripture, is not in the current bible.
    Im not aware of any such thing. I cant believe that you are asking that.

Let me explain. The Septuagint and the 1611 KJV both contained certain books [now excluded from the modern KJV] and these were inspired Bibles for over 1800 years. The KJV you currently use was only in existance for about 130 yrs or so.

So is it your contention that for 1800 yrs people were using the wrong Bible and only in the last 130 yrs the correct Bible appeared?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 03:43
    Can you provide some authentic references which help explain your position that (as I'm understanding you), extra biblical (current accepted editions and translations) text should be considered and spirit inspired?
    Does wisdom only proceed from the Bible?

If he has something he would like to post, I would like the hear it.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 03:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes, but was not Israel blessed at the end of the struggle? In fact is it not true that he would not give up until he received a blessing?
    The term "wrestling" is chosen for a reason. I think that there is nothing more exhaustive and physically demanding than to wrestle. It is a term that denotes a continuous never ending struggle, until a winner is determined. What is also interesting is that Jacob was then stricken lame at the end of the battle.

This is my interpretation. We wrestle in this life in similar fashion. As we walk by faith and in prayer with God at the other end, the battle is never ending until the day we die. Even though we ultimately win, there is a price to be paid, much like Jesus referred to as "taking up your cross" implies.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 19:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    The term "wrestling" is chosen for a reason. I think that there is nothing more exhaustive and physically demanding than to wrestle. It is a term that denotes a continuous never ending struggle, until a winner is determined. What is also interesting is that Jacob was then stricken lame at the end of the battle.

This is my interpretation. We wrestle in ...[text shortened]... win, there is a price to be paid, much like Jesus referred to as "taking up your cross" implies.
    sure, why not.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 15:26

Let me explain. The Septuagint and the 1611 KJV both contained certain books [now excluded from the modern KJV] and these were inspired Bibles for over 1800 years. The KJV you currently use was only in existance for about 130 yrs or so.

So is it your contention that for 1800 yrs people were using the wrong Bible and only in the last 130 yrs the correct Bible appeared?
    Why don't you ask the JWs how long their organization used the KJV?

It's basically the same question.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 15:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why don't you ask the JWs how long their organization used the KJV?

It's basically the same question.
    Until we realised that it was sooo like last millennia! get with it Sista, we are awesome and so is our translation.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 20:45

No, my contention is that only one of those the correct one.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 21:06
    No, my contention is that only one of those the correct one.
    Only one of
    - Septuagint
    - 1611 KJV
    - KJV [Authorised Version]

is the correct one and that is the KJV? Therefore for around 1800 yrs people were using the incorrect one?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 21:15
    Only one of
    - Septuagint
    - 1611 KJV
    - KJV [Authorised Version]

is the correct one and that is the KJV? Therefore for around 1800 yrs people were using the incorrect one?
    The is only one version of gods word. If god had wanted some other writings included, they would still be in it wouldn't they.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 21:19
    The is only one version of gods word. If god had wanted some other writings included, they would still be in it wouldn't they.
    If you say that then you have to also agree that prior to this last version coming out people read the wrong version. The Authrorised version came out in the late 1800s and it excluded a dozen or so books that was in the 1611 KJV.

So God wanted people to read the additional books at one point and then changed his mind?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 21:41
    If you say that then you have to also agree that prior to this last version coming out people read the wrong version. The Authrorised version came out in the late 1800s and it excluded a dozen or so books that was in the 1611 KJV.

So God wanted people to read the additional books at one point and then changed his mind?
    I wouldn't say that; it's your claim that he did?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree