1. Joined
    06 Jul '12
    Moves
    12 Nov '12 03:51
    > Lost in Wonder, Love and Awe
    >
    > "But you [God] desire honesty from the heart, so you can teach me to be wise in my inmost being."1
    >
    > If you are in touch with your emotions, you need to make and "take time to smell the roses" … to walk on the beach, climb a mountain, sing songs, listen to quality music, dance in the snow, let your hair down, plant a garden, have fun, etc., etc. This will greatly increase your appreciation of God and the marvels of his creation. As the hymn writer put it we become "lost in wonder, love and awe."
    >
    > However, if one is repressed and out of touch with his/her God-given emotions, it's a lot more complicated than this!
    >
    > Let me suggest as a starting point for experiencing wonder that you genuinely pray today's prayer: "Dear God, thank you that I have been created in your image with the ability to think, to feel, and to choose. Please help me to get in touch with all of my God-given emotions (no matter how painful this may be) so that I can experience the glory of your presence and the marvels of your creation—and therein be lost in wonder, love, and awe. Please grant that my life will become wonder-full. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, amen."
    >
    >
    > 1. Psalm 51:6
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 19:12
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    > Lost in Wonder, Love and Awe
    >
    > "But you [God] desire honesty from the heart, so you can teach me to be wise in my inmost being."1
    >
    > If you are in touch with your emotions, you need to make and "take time to smell the roses" … to walk on the beach, climb a mountain, sing songs, listen to quality music, dance in the snow, let your hair down, p ...[text shortened]... ing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, amen."
    >
    >
    > 1. Psalm 51:6
    I have a better prayer...Dear God, teach me your Word, teach me your will for my life...thank you God for sending your Son as the atonement for my sin...thank you for filling me with your holy spirit and for making me a new creation in Christ.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 19:15
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I have a better prayer...Dear God, teach me your Word, teach me your will for my life...thank you God for sending your Son as the atonement for my sin...thank you for filling me with your holy spirit and for making me a new creation in Christ.
    I have another one, lets all pray for the success of atheism.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 20:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have another one, lets all pray for the success of atheism.
    That's funny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree