Word

Word

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
08 Nov 10

"A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket." –Charles Péguy

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Nov 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
"A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket." –Charles Péguy
I think I know what that means. But I'll wait to see what others say first.

Just in case. 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Nov 10

Man, I was going to start a thread this morning and you two came along and started at least three. 4 if you include divegeester.
Great. I'll just have to wait until you christians thrash out these...er..threads.

Word. Wooooord.
you guys come along and start dribbling this stuff. A quote with no refrences (as to why you started an op with it).
Funny how you slam taco and vishva for doing the same thing.
The forum knows you have an agenda, Freaky, so if you want people to respond intelligently, please tell us why you started this thread.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Nov 10

Echoes monetizng debt short term in lieu of a sound overall fiscal solution.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
08 Nov 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Man, I was going to start a thread this morning and you two came along and started at least three. 4 if you include divegeester.
Great. I'll just have to wait until you christians thrash out these...er..threads.

Word. Wooooord.
you guys come along and start dribbling this stuff. A quote with no refrences (as to why you started an op with it).
Fu ...[text shortened]... ky, so if you want people to respond intelligently, please tell us why you started this thread.
Yeah, I'm just a prolific poster of threads, ain't I? Lessee... going back ten pages of threads on this forum and you'll see that I've started a shocking eleven topics during that time. Really: where do I find the time? I mean, couldn't I have mustered even a modicum of restraint as evidenced by your initiation of ten posts over the course of those same ten pages?

And I truly don't know how a soul can get a word in edgewise, given my non-stop chatter. Why, since September of this year, I've held forth some 435 times! No wonder my wife says I have no time for her! Again, had I used your sterling example of minimalism, my output would have been a paltry 525 in the same time.

How terrifically rude of me! And, to add insult to injury, I continue to put forth my painfully obvious agenda of such offense-causing drivel as Christianity. What an oaf am I. Woe is me.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
08 Nov 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Echoes monetizng debt short term in lieu of a sound overall fiscal solution.
I was looking at it more from the standpoint of Leonard Cohen. Strikes me like something he might have said.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Nov 10

Yeah, I'm just a prolific poster of threads, ain't I? Lessee... going back ten pages of threads on this forum and you'll see that I've started a shocking [b]eleven topics during that time. Really: where do I find the time? I mean, couldn't I have mustered even a modicum of restraint as evidenced by your initiation of ten posts over the course of tho ...[text shortened]... ous agenda of such offense-causing drivel as Christianity. What an oaf am I. Woe is me.[/b]
Nevermind, I thought you were more intelligent than that.

Carry on, sorry for the inconveniance.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Nov 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Nevermind, I thought you were more intelligent than that.

Carry on, sorry for the inconveniance.
Why don't you try to have an original thought instead of tearing down the thoughts of others?

For those posting in this forum who have the intelligence to read and comprehend the body of topics plastered in here, it is obvious from reading yours that you have the propensity to laud those you agree with and degrade those you don't.

You are only equipped to hurl insult against those you disagree with instead of engaging in a meaningful discussion of the topic of the thread. But you are ready to add to that which is posted by those who post some of the most unsubstantiated and meaningless drivel I ever read.

And it is still even more obvious that you fail to read what is posted by those you disagree with because of your obvious and blatant biases and prejudices. Thus your insults.

But this I would add. After reading you in this forum since you started, you have improved in the area of grammar and syntax. keep trying to learn karoly.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Nov 10

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think what Charles Péguy means is that some dig deep to try to use words in a way that best conveys what he means. It can be an agonising experience to give meaning and purpose to what one writes by the process of word selection.

On the other hand, some write by rote. They parrot and mimic, but have no original ideas.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Nov 10

Originally posted by josephw
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think what Charles Péguy means is that some dig deep to try to use words in a way that best conveys what he means. It can be an agonising experience to give meaning and purpose to what one writes by the process of word selection.

On the other hand, some write by rote. They parrot and mimic, but have no original ideas.
I like that. I think he really gets to the underlying reality of the process--- not just of writing, but of life: that which is borne of ease (typically) carries little to no weight or value.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Nov 10

Ship's Motto: "Not without strenuous."

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Nov 10

I like that. I think he really gets to the underlying reality of the process--- not just of writing, but of life: that which is borne of ease (typically) carries little to no weight or value.
"Of life". Yes. 🙂

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Ship's Motto: "Not without strenuous."
Eye eye Sir! 😉

Did eye spell that right? 😉

Boston Lad

USA