1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 10:42
    It looks like to get heaven in your future, it doesn't matter what you do or how you behave, if you properly bend over.

So I lost motivation.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 11:04
    Originally posted by @apathist
    It looks like to get heaven in your future, it doesn't matter what you do or how you behave, if you properly bend over.

So I lost motivation.
    To get to heaven you must be born again.

To be born again you must believe that Jesus died for you sins, that His death was substitutionary, that He paid the price for your redemption even when you were already dead in sin, an enemy and were without strength.

Getting to heaven is easy for us, but it wasn't for Jesus. Beaten beyond recognition. Spit upon. Scourged. Mocked. Nailed to a cross. All for our transgressions. Why? John 3:16
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @secondson
    To get to heaven you must be born again.

To be born again you must believe that Jesus died for you sins, that His death was substitutionary, that He paid the price for your redemption even when you were already dead in sin, an enemy and were without strength.

Getting to heaven is easy for us, but it wasn't for Jesus. Beaten beyond recognition. Spit upon. Scourged. Mocked. Nailed to a cross. All for our transgressions. Why? John 3:16
    Or if Hindus are correct, getting 'born again' is the last thing you want to do if your goal is Nirvana.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 16:41
    How is that not god's fault?
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 16:54
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Or if Hindus are correct, getting 'born again' is the last thing you want to do if your goal is Nirvana.
    I think you're confusing regeneration with reincarnation.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 16:55
    Is there a flaw in God?

Not logical.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 17:35
    God gave man free will. Don’t blame God for the way man abused (and continues to abuse) it.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 17:50
    I think you're confusing regeneration with reincarnation.
    I guess you could look at it that way.

However, Hindus seek to break the cycle of endless 'rebirths' in order to enter Nirvana. In that sense, they want to avoid being 'born again' into another Earthly incarnation. - Indeed, 'born again' is more apt, in my opinion. to the process of reincarnation than regeneration, as the former is a literal rebirth as opposed to a refresh.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 19:49
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    God gave man free will. Don’t blame God for the way man abused (and continues to abuse) it.
    You have met humans. They are the worst, and the greatest. I think that is why we have two shoulders.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 20:07
    You have met humans. They are the worst, and the greatest. I think that is why we have two shoulders.
    I see you’re picking up where Karoly left off.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 20:09

However, Hindus seek to break the cycle of endless 'rebirths' in order to enter Nirvana. In that sense, they want to avoid being 'born again' into another Earthly incarnation. - Indeed, 'born again' is more apt, in my opinion. to the process of reincarnation than regeneration, as the former is a literal rebirth as opposed to a refresh.
    If you think being born of the Spirit (i.e. receiving the indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit) amounts to only a “refresh,” you have no idea what you’re talking about.
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 20:14
    [i]Originally posted by @secondson[/
    Is there a flaw in God?

Not logical.
    He said, hopefully..
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 20:16

Well, that's one way to look at it, but I would rather prefer to be born twice and die once than to die again and again and again, following a religious belief system that offers no guarantee of eternal life.

Hindus seek, but God finds.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 20:17
    He said, hopefully..
    Confidently.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Apr '18 20:19
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    If you think being born of the Spirit (i.e. receiving the indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit) amounts to only a “refresh,” you have no idea what you’re talking about.
    If you carry out a 'hard refresh' on your computer you return it to its original perfect state. How is that different from the indwelling God returning the believer to how man was in his original perfect state?

'And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’ (Acts 22:16)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree