1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '11 10:45
    Rev 8: 8-11a
    The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water — the name of the star is Wormwood.

http://en.rian.ru/science/20110126/162318648.html

I'll be gone by then I expect, mind you the fireworks will be good.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 May '11 18:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a t ...[text shortened]... /20110126/162318648.html

As an aside, it is interesting to know that Chernobyl means mugwort, or wormwood, in Ukranian.

Most astronomers agree that we are probably overdue for a good-sized asteroid strike, or at least that something will hit Earth sooner or later. I submit that this is probably why our Moon is so large in relation to the size of the Earth. Who knows how many "big ones" were blocked by the Moon in the past.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 May '11 22:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    As an aside, it is interesting to know that Chernobyl means mugwort, or wormwood, in Ukranian.

Most astronomers agree that we are probably overdue for a good-sized asteroid strike, or at least that something will hit Earth sooner or later. I submit that this is probably why our Moon is so large in relation to the size of the Earth. Who knows how many "big ones" were blocked by the Moon in the past.
    It's more than mere chance that our species has not been totally wiped out by a big rock , like the dinosaurs ...
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '11 01:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a t ...[text shortened]... /20110126/162318648.html

Did you see any effect of the Royal wedding?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 May '11 09:57
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    It's more than mere chance that our species has not been totally wiped out by a big rock , like the dinosaurs ...
    We've been on the planet as a species for a mere 200,000yrs or so. The dinosaurs were around for over 150 million years. We've existed for 0.001% of the time the dinosaurs were on this planet.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 May '11 18:59
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    We've been on the planet as a species for a mere 200,000yrs or so. The dinosaurs were around for over 150 million years. We've existed for 0.001% of the time the dinosaurs were on this planet.
    Although I disagree with your figures, they're in in a lcose enough of a ballpark for me to say"point taken". Thnx

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree