1. Gangster Land
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 19:55
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Frankly, that appeals more to the men than it does the women.
    Only because most women have not had sex with me! 😉
  2. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    15 Mar '07 20:13
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Could you explain this a bit more for me, stranger? I've never heard of a "Bigger is Better" theology.
    Nor have I, but it stands to reason that a hypothetical theology in which bigger is better would encourage its adherents to enlarge.

It is good to meet you, stranger.
  3. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 18:17
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What is it?

Is it 1) Endless sermons about salvation
    2) Their inability to differentiate between themselves and the Republican Party
    3) Their "bigger is better" theology
    4) Their contribution to morbid obesity in America
    Again, I feel painted in a nice little, ugly stereotypical picture. 😕 Believe it or not, you can't define all Baptists that way. I am a member of a CBF (cooperative Baptist fellowship) church, not an SBC (southern Baptist convention) church. CBF churches are different from your outlook on the "Baptist mainstream"...
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 20:08
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Again, I feel painted in a nice little, ugly stereotypical picture. 😕 Believe it or not, you can't define all Baptists that way. I am a member of a CBF (cooperative Baptist fellowship) church, not an SBC (southern Baptist convention) church. CBF churches are different from your outlook on the "Baptist mainstream"...
    You are correct. My church has dual alliance with CBF so I am aware of the differences. I simply offer a "stereotypical" picture that most Baptist churches don't want to look at. I went to a Baptist seminary that at the time had as their slogan "We're out to change the world." This was the "liberal" seminary at the time and even they got into their own brand of grandiosity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree