1. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 06:28
    Sam Harris at 7:30 in this talk

YouTube

says that about half of Americans would see a portent that the best thing that could ever happen, the return of Christ, is about to happen, if they turned on their television set and saw a mushroom cloud where New York City had been.

Would you be one of those who interpreted the situation that way?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 06:343 edits
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXP8MkIokhs

says that about half of Americans would see a portent that the best thing that could ever happen, the return of Christ, is about to happen, if they turned on their television set and saw a mushroom cloud where New York City had been.

Should we care what he says? WHy does he take over an hour to say this?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 07:27
    Originally posted by JS357
    Should we care what he says? WHy does he take over an hour to say this?
    7:30 is an hour?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 07:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    7:30 is an hour?
    The clickon I got was 1:21:40.
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 16:37

Hogwash
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 16:41
    Originally posted by JS357
    The clickon I got was 1:21:40.
    An hour and 21. You have more fortitude than I do.

This is why I never click these 'link rants'. You never know what you're getting into.
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 17:20

would anyone care ?
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 17:58
    I posted the YouTube link before I heard the news of the Islamic terrorist act in Paris. The terrorists targeted journalists who dared criticize Islam.

If you only have one minute available, watch 11:00 - 12:00 in the link. It is relevant to the Paris situation.

"It is taboo to push the conversation into criticism of [religious] belief."
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 10:432 edits

Ah, Sam Harris ... the guy who goes around the world warning that if you believe in Jesus today tomorrow you're likely to fly an airplane into a skyscraper.

Boy!, if you write a book at the right time you can make a fortune!
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 11:07
    Originally posted by redbadger
    would anyone care ?
    I would care, I work less than 40 miles from NYC. Also millions of people in the Eastern seaboard would care, it would cause a hole in US finances we might never recover. To say nothing of killing tens of thousands outside the kill zone. If some cretins did that, there would be all out war on Taliban, Boko Haram and all the others, a million man army would be built.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 13:17

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure whether what you're saying Sam Harris said is saying it correctly.

Is Harris suggesting that half the Christians in America want to see New York go up in a mushroom cloud? If so he's nuts!
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 14:46
    Originally posted by josephw
    To tell you the truth, I'm not sure whether what you're saying Sam Harris said is saying it correctly.

Is Harris suggesting that half the Christians in America want to see New York go up in a mushroom cloud? If so he's nuts!
    I used the word "gladden" in the thread title. Harris used the phrase "silver lining." Am I putting words in Harris's mouth? Maybe.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 15:33
    I used the word "gladden" in the thread title. Harris used the phrase "silver lining." Am I putting words in Harris's mouth? Maybe.
    At least I give you props for admitting it. That's far more than others who do basically the same thing here. Mostly they just deny they do it.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 15:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    At least I give you props for admitting it. That's far more than others who do basically the same thing here. Mostly they just deny they do it.
    What was this nutter's reasoning for thinking it would be a good thing to nuke NYC? If he thinks it would just destroy the US he is wrong. Since the US leads the world in GNP and a lot of other measures, losing NYC would send the whole world into a recession. Everything is to interconnected now for some act like that to happen where the perp's think their effects would be limited to the country of target.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 17:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What was this nutter's reasoning for thinking it would be a good thing to nuke NYC? If he thinks it would just destroy the US he is wrong. Since the US leads the world in GNP and a lot of other measures, losing NYC would send the whole world into a recession. Everything is to interconnected now for some act like that to happen where the perp's think their effects would be limited to the country of target.
    I agree with you.

I'm not sure, I didn't watch the video. I usually try not to waste my time with these kinds of video rants.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree