1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 May '15 14:52
    Would You Like to Know More About God?

"No, not now." Fine; He respects your volitional free will. "Yes but how?" Only God can tell you about God.
    "Where?" In God's Word which contains: "Total Books - 66 Total Chapters 1,189 Total Verses...31,102.
    Total words in the 31,102 verses - 788,258." http://www.biblebelievers.com/believers-org/kjv-stats.html
    Question: Is there another authoritative source for accurate information about God and His Plan for you?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 May '15 15:18
    If God has something to say to me, he's always free to knock on my door and talk to me. Talking to me through other people using vague metaphors and poetry is not going to cut it.

For all I know it's the devil using those people to talk to me.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '15 20:45
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    If God has something to say to me, he's always free to knock on my door and talk to me. Talking to me through other people using vague metaphors and poetry is not going to cut it.

God has already put every possible thing that He would want to say to you in a book called The Holy Bible. You can easily get one and read it all yourself or you can ignore it. God has given you free will.

HalleluYahshua !
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 May '15 21:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God has already put every possible thing that He would want to say to you in a book called The Holy Bible. You can easily get one and read it all yourself or you can ignore it. God has given you free will.

HalleluYahshua !
    http://m.quickmeme.com/img/34/34e420be1b862eaee90f8f31fd3136b555e034251f4984d2377c20ec95bd8313.jpg
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 May '15 23:30

"If God has something to say to me, he's always free to knock on my door and talk to me..."
    Great King Rat, first thanks for christening the thread; second, what questions would be on your mind
    to ask God if He did "knock on my door and talk to me" in the foreseeable future?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '15 23:32
    http://m.quickmeme.com/img/34/34e420be1b862eaee90f8f31fd3136b555e034251f4984d2377c20ec95bd8313.jpg
    Oh Really!

How Interesting 😏
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 May '15 18:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

Question: Is there another authoritative source for accurate information about God and His Plan for you?[/b]
    Answer: Am unconvinced there is 'any' authoritative source for accurate information about God and His Plan for us. Your question presupposes that there is, which renders it somewhat loaded.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 May '15 02:14

HalleluYahshua !
    Really?
    The sum total of god's wisdom in that mish-mash of a book!

Another reason not to worry about the existence of a god.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '15 02:321 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Really?

You have free will so don't worry about it. Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may die. 😏
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '15 12:12
    You have free will so don't worry about it. Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may die. 😏
    If I were you, I'd retire that 'smug smiley'. It only pisses people off.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 May '15 12:42
    Yes. I'd love to know the following:
    - can God make a knot he can't untie?
    - why does he accept so many dead children? And if he doesn't why doesn't he stop it?
    - was the holocaust just a continuation of the old testament: the hebrews being given free will and then getting punished when they don't do as God says?
    - why didn't he order punctuation in the original bible scripts?

Thanks in advance, Your omnipotent, illiterate, bi-polar, psychotic Holiness...
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 May '15 14:34
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yes. I'd love to know the following:
    - can God make a knot he can't untie?
    - why does he accept so many dead children? And if he doesn't why doesn't he stop it?
    - was the holocaust just a continuation of the old testament: the hebrews being given free will and then getting punished when they don't do as God says?
    - why didn't he order punctuation in th ...[text shortened]... le scripts?

Thanks in advance, Your omnipotent, illiterate, bi-polar, psychotic Holiness...
    And what, exactly, would you do with the answers if you got them?

Just call the answerer a 'liar' and go your merry way?
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 May '15 17:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And what, exactly, would you do with the answers if you got them?

Just call the answerer a 'liar' and go your merry way?
    Truth be told, if I ever did get the bloody answers, I'd go see a shrink and start taking meds.

Like any rational person would do...
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '15 13:45
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Truth be told, if I ever did get the bloody answers, I'd go see a shrink and start taking meds.

Like any rational person would do...
    "Question: Is there another authoritative source [other than God's Word] for accurate information about God and His Plan for you", shavixmir?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '15 14:02
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Really?

Not the 'sum total'. It's only the bits he thought it was important for us to know.

The rest of it is on us to figure out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree