1. Illinois
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 04:12
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]MLK became more engaged in social justice than being a pastor, yes. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he considered his part in the civil rights movement more important or pressing than the truths he espoused from the pulpit. Should our dedication to the work of the Gospel preclude a life of service in other areas?
    We cannot escape th ...[text shortened]... ction.[/b]
    Apparently he felt there was enough of a push to move from one to the other.[/b]
    Fair enough. I guess we'll have to end in disagreement.

One day we'll have to discuss dispensationalism, though. Maybe you'll be able to persuade me of its worth. Who knows?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 04:49
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Fair enough. I guess we'll have to end in disagreement.

One day we'll have to discuss dispensationalism, though. Maybe you'll be able to persuade me of its worth. Who knows?
    It would be a social injustice for me to fail to persuade you thusly.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 00:22
    [b]Come on Freaky. It's hard for me to believe that you are actually this dense.
    Poppycock. We've been jousting for years. You absolutely know me to be this dense so don't you try to act otherwise.

Anyway, we can just simply dispense with talk of 'religion' altogether.
    I suppose in a sense, we could, because he could have just as ...[text shortened]... otherwise, without equally damning anyone else with an opposing world view.[/b]
    Good lord, you're confused. Jesus. Your ability to follow simple discussions is fubar.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 04:24
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Good lord, you're confused. Jesus. Your ability to follow simple discussions is fubar.
    I guess I'll have to take that on your authority. I noticed, however, that you didn't have a response to any of the issues I raised; I suppose you have your reasons.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 07:56
    I guess I'll have to take that on your authority. I noticed, however, that you didn't have a response to any of the issues I raised; I suppose you have your reasons.
    Yes, I do have my reasons for thinking you a waste of time. Cheers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree