1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 14:121 edit
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=408816959220439&set=a.393937167375085.1073741832.112234995545305&type=1&theater

A nice poster:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=481518178609966&set=p.481518178609966&type=1&theater
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 14:524 edits
    First of all WHO said a person cannot be harmed by religion ? ? ?

Oh, you mean YOU said it and tried to put it into the mouths of a lot of other people ?

"You can't be harmed by religion ? look at this !"

Lame.

Anyway, from Genesis when Cain killed Abel we see that people can be harmed because of religion.

Next STRAWMAN argument sonhouse ? Hope its easy to knock down.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 21:07
    Originally posted by sonship
    First of all [b]WHO said a person cannot be harmed by religion ? ? ?

Oh, you mean YOU said it and tried to put it into the mouths of a lot of other people ?

"You can't be harmed by religion ? look at this !"

Lame.

Anyway, from Genesis when Cain killed Abel we see that people can be harmed because of religion.

Next STRAWMAN argument sonhouse ? Hope its easy to knock down.[/b]
    You don't get it, probably never will. It's not the individual assshole like this dude, it's the votes he controls to get agenda's passed because so many people are duped by your ponzi scheme religion.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 21:473 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You don't get it, probably never will. It's not the individual assshole like this dude, it's the votes he controls to get agenda's passed because so many people are duped by your ponzi scheme religion.
    How many millions slaughtered under two or three of your beloved atheist regimes of the 20th Century ? Chairman Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler too. (yes in spite of religious jargon we all know Hitler regarded no authority in the universe higher than himself.) Don't start dancing.

Strong language doesn't make your case more persuasive.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 19:22
    How many millions slaughtered under two or three of your beloved [b]atheist regimes of the 20th Century ? Chairman Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler too. (yes in spite of religious jargon we all know Hitler regarded no authority in the universe higher than himself.) Don't start dancing.

Strong language doesn't make your case more persuasive.[/b]
    And all your blathering won't stop the ponzi scheme that is organized religion. They are all based on pure lies and made up tales. It IS intelligent design all right. But the intelligence in organized religion comes from MEN. 99% Men and 1 % women. No god needed in ANY of the Abrahamic religions or any other on Earth.

Earth men invent really stupid gods.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 19:48
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=408816959220439&set=a.393937167375085.1073741832.112234995545305&type=1&theater

A nice poster:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=481518178609966&set=p.481518178609966&type=1&theater
    evidence of harm by religion? one insane idiot with 100 or so listeners?

what the fuk has he done? other than be so insane as to have another insane person post his views on facebook, thus giving him free publicity.

you don't mention the inquisitions, the crusades, the islamist fundamentalists. even the fuktards at westboro baptist church have done more harm than this retard. yet this is your example.

like someone else has mentioned, it seems to me your debating skills level is dangerously equal to rjhind's.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 10:591 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    evidence of harm by religion? one insane idiot with 100 or so listeners?

what the fuk has he done? other than be so insane as to have another insane person post his views on facebook, thus giving him free publicity.

you don't mention the inquisitions, the crusades, the islamist fundamentalists. even the fuktards at westboro baptist church have ...[text shortened]... else has mentioned, it seems to me your debating skills level is dangerously equal to rjhind's.
    I already brought up the Crusades and such many times before but always got the response 'Its not religion that is bad, just people'.

No, religion itself can never be bad, even when the leaders drive people to kill.

You just don't seem to understand the power such asssholes have by spreading their hatred and gathering the forces to foist their views on a legal system here in the US.

You are extremely naive about how such things happen in the US.

You just poo poo the fact that 43% or thereabouts of US citizens truly think the Earth is 6000 years old. Just think about that. The US is a troubled democracy and there are really evil people who would spread their hate doctrine through the system if they can. It causes trouble on a local level, state level and sometimes even federal level.

You seem to have no clue as to how those purveyors of power work in the US.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 12:34
    I already brought up the Crusades and such many times before but always got the response 'Its not religion that is bad, just people'.

No, religion itself can never be bad, even when the leaders drive people to kill.

You just don't seem to understand the power such asssholes have by spreading their hatred and gathering the forces to foist their views ...[text shortened]... n federal level.

You seem to have no clue as to how those purveyors of power work in the US.
    you gave as example one radio show host that has 50 listeners and who posts such obvious ignorant crap as pi=33 and 666 divisible by 33.

what are you going to do? pay attention to the hobo under the bridge who shouts that the government puts tiny robots into our brains to control us?

do you realize you sound more and more like rjhinds? just because your views are opposite to his doesn't make the manner in which you argue correct.

you take the worst example you can find from a group of people and you can display any organisation as evil and dangerous. i am not using some nutcase who blew up a whale boat full of human beings to display how evil Greenpeace is. no decent, rational person could.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 16:28
    And all your blathering won't stop the ponzi scheme that is organized religion.
    Why do you keep calling it a Ponzi scheme? I looked it up, and while I think there certainly is financial fraud in some religious organizations, I don't think your choice of term is accurate.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 19:37

A nice poster:

Compelling indeed. That's me finished with my theism, FOREVER!
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 18:26
    No.

Cain did not kill Abel because of religion.

Cain killed Abel because he was frustrated that Abel's offering pleased God more than his own. In other words, he was jealous.

Most deaths that people love to attribute to religion or to God were caused by evil men. Period. We have free will for a reason. It is to choose wisely and to accept what has been offered to us by the Grace of our Lord.

Some people just choose... poorly... is all.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 06:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No.

Cain did not kill Abel because of religion.

Cain killed Abel because he was frustrated that Abel's offering pleased God more than his own. In other words, he was jealous.

Most deaths that people love to attribute to religion or to God were caused by evil men. Period. We have free will for a reason. It is to choose wisely and to accept what has been offered to us by the Grace of our Lord.

Some people just choose... poorly... is all.
    And there you have it again, another human attribute assigned to a god, further proof this god is just made up using human attributes given to this god, like this god demanded some kind of sacrifice to prove how much its sycophants loved it.

That is another stupidism about what a god would be like. They just took Olympian god attributes and tacked them on to what the Abrahamic god had to be like.

There is no other way to interpret this, a frigging GOD would not have these petty human attributes.

Humans who crave vassals might demand sacrifice or as we put it now, taxes.

A god demanding that kind of sacrifice would be more like humans having an ant colony and demanding they give up a certain number of the colony eggs to make the human feel loved.

That is just plain nonsense.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 14:281 edit
    And there you have it again, another human attribute assigned to a god, further proof this god is just made up using human attributes given to this god, like this god demanded some kind of sacrifice to prove how much its sycophants loved it.

That is another stupidism about what a god would be like. They just took Olympian god attributes and tacked them ...[text shortened]... certain number of the colony eggs to make the human feel loved.

That is just plain nonsense.
    That God may have attributes similar to humans not only does NOT mean Man 'made up' God, but can easily be explained.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." -- Genesis 1:26, KJV

Man was made in God's image, not the other way 'round, as you seem to imply. And you don't have any further to look than the first chapter of the Bible. I think it would be surprising if God did NOT have some human attributes (since it's really Man having God's attributes).
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 08:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That God may have attributes similar to humans not only does NOT mean Man 'made up' God, but can easily be explained.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth u ...[text shortened]... ising if God did NOT have some human attributes (since it's really Man having God's attributes).
    Gee, I guess it is just a coincidence that those verses were written by, oh, let me guess. AH YES. Men. Hmmm. So why don't you prove those verses were also inspired directly by a god? I am saying they were 100% made up by men to start a religion and it wasn't even new mythology they based it on but older Egyptian ones. So prove it otherwise.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 08:53
    And all your blathering won't stop the ponzi scheme that is organized religion. They are all based on pure lies and made up tales. It IS intelligent design all right. But the intelligence in organized religion comes from MEN. 99% Men and 1 % women. No god needed in ANY of the Abrahamic religions or any other on Earth.

Earth men invent really stupid gods.
    So your best response is to totally ignore his response. I think it you who are "blathering".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree