1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 16:481 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    You mean Dasa is not Hridayananda dasa Goswami? Gosh, that seems, well... dishonest.

Incidentally, I wondered why so many Krishnas include 'dasa' in their name. I investigated and found this:

"Dasa - a member of an aboriginal people in India encountered and embattled by the invading Aryans (c. 1500 BC). They were described by the Aryans as a ...[text shortened]... ken people who worshiped the phallus."

Call me childish, but I couldn't help but giggle.
    Nice bit of info, thanks!

It sounds like it was written by an Ariosophist (mystical Nazi type)
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 16:50
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    A " God Conscious" person has yielded to the will of the God. If he still has his freedom to disobey it can only mean that he is disobeying only those laws which are contrary to his belief in God. There is no " autocratic theocracy" except some older organised religions which rest on Superstitions.
    This is like an essay assignment on "What 'God Conscious' means to me."

Now for 'theocracy.' I think it is a misnomer. the prefixes on '-cracy' represent the source or composition of government. There is no 'government by God.' There are governments by people who claim to be enforcing God's laws, however discerned. Those people can be democratically elected or can be tyrants.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 16:51
    A " God Conscious" person has yielded to the will of the God.
    So you claim. But why should I accept your assertions about the "will" of God? What is this assumption you are making about the obligation to "yield"? Why do you think your speculation about that applies to me?

If he still has his freedom to disobey it can only mean that he is disobeying only those laws which are contrary to his belief in God.

What "laws"?

As far as I'm concerned, you extrapolate too much fromthe word "conscious": having to "yield", having to presume what God's "will" is, not being allowed to "disobey", "God consciousness" curtailing "freedom", belief equalling acceptance of "laws". Pardon me if I let you make your leaps of faith without me.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 18:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am a "God conscious" person. But my insight is that a spiritual person does not have to accept that there are "laws of God". It is entirely logical for a person who believes that there are "laws of God" to obey those perceived "laws of God". But it is not logical to assume that a "God conscious" spiritual person who does not perceive there to be "laws of God" ...[text shortened]... k actually exist, except (I suppose, in a way) in an autocratic theocracy.
    If you dont think something exists....then that's fine, but now you do know something exists because I have told you it exists, and where it is.

So now you left with a choice to embrace the instruction of Vedanta or not.

If no....then you will be left with your own speculations....and if yes you will be given guidance to keep you on the straight path.

You have said numerous times you do not have any instructions....but now you do.
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 18:18
    A " God Conscious" person has yielded to the will of the God. If he still has his freedom to disobey it can only mean that he is disobeying only those laws which are contrary to his belief in God. There is no " autocratic theocracy" except some older organised religions which rest on Superstitions.
    A person can be either self conscious or "God conscious". If you think you are " God Conscious " you are indicating a very high level of merger of yourself with God. That is how we Hindus call our saints" God-men ". If you mean that you are like the majority of Humans i.e. engrossed in your own self, then you probably consider God as a piece of furniture or some such object whose existence and usefulness we acknowledge and nothing more. My misunderstanding !
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You have said numerous times you do not have any instructions....but now you do.
    I do not recognize or submit to the purported "authority" that makes you feel entitled and capable of issuing "instructions". You should offer your alleged "instructions" to someone who accepts the Vedic teachings.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 18:391 edit
    A person can be either self conscious or "God conscious". If you think you are " God Conscious " you are indicating a very high level of merger of yourself with God.
    How does it work... If I think I am "God Conscious" I am indicating a very high level of merger of myself with God? No I'm not. Where did you get that idea about me from?

If you mean that you are like the majority of Humans i.e. engrossed in your own self, then you probably consider God as a piece of furniture or some such object whose existence and usefulness we acknowledge and nothing more.

If this is an attempted, snide put down, it is clumsy and ineffective. You'll have to try a little harder! Dasa recently compared the reasons I have for rejecting his assertions and superstitions to the reasons "a 7 year old child with cerebral palsy" would have for rejecting his assertions and superstitions.

If - on the other hand - it is you genuinely engaging me in a spiritual discussion, then I have to say it comes across a bit like a clumsy and ineffective attempted put down.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 18:491 edit
    Yes. I have said it numerous times. I am being truthful when I say I haven't received any 'instructions from God'. And you don't have any credible "instructions" for me either. Indeed, you are perhaps the most alienating and implausible self-professed bearer of instructions from God that I have ever crossed paths with, and I've met more than a few of course. So, that spiritual path of mine is totally unaffected by yours. I say this in all honesty, after due deliberation, with my full and healthy cerebral faculties, and without any trace of anything that might be described as whimsical.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 19:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. I have said it numerous times. I am being truthful when I say I haven't received any 'instructions from God'. And you don't have any credible "instructions" for me either. Indeed, you are perhaps the most alienating and implausible self-professed bearer of instructions from God that I have ever crossed paths with, and I've met more than a few of cour ...[text shortened]... rebral faculties, and without any trace of anything that might be described as whimsical.
    Your whimsical rejection is accepted by me.......

So therefore continue as you like, but be aware that any spirituality that allows for animal cruelty is pseudo spirituality., and also any spirituality that relies on speculation and fabrication is false spirituality.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 19:26
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It's forum etiquette to provide the source for your cut and paste.
    Hridyanananda Goswami
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 19:58
    Hridyanananda Goswami
    I mean the webpage address.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 21:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    FTL= faster than light?
    No. FTL = the opposite of FTW.
  13. Wat?
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 01:15
    If you dont think something exists....then that's fine, but now you do know something exists because I have told you it exists, and where it is.

So now you left with a choice to embrace the instruction of Vedanta or not.

If no....then you will be left with your own speculations....and if yes you will be given guidance to keep you on the straight path.

If you dont think Santa Claus exists....then that's fine, but now you do know He exists because I have told you HE exists, and He is in the North Pole.

So now you left with a choice to embrace the instructions of Santa Claus or not.

If no....then you will be left with your own speculations....and if yes you will be given the opportunity to receive great children's presents, and starting to grow up.

Now you have my instructions, and those of Santa.

You can prepare for great gifts from Him, or keep digging the great hole you are ready to fall into. 😉

-m.
  14. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 02:14
    Originally posted by mikelom
    If you dont think Santa Claus exists....then that's fine, but now you do know He exists because I have told you HE exists, and He is in the North Pole.

So now you left with a choice to embrace the instructions of Santa Claus or not.

If no....then you will be left with your own speculations....and if yes you will be given the opportunity to receive grea ...[text shortened]... for great gifts from Him, or keep digging the great hole you are ready to fall into. 😉

-m.
    Mike you are being dishonest.

You know you are being dishonest because you know that you know that Vedanta is the only true religion. Santa Claus should be whimiscally dismissed as he embraces meat eating (hello surely you know there was more reindeer - Rudolph had many brothers)

Dont encourage others by posting about choice, expression, self discovery and other such meat eating dominated thinkings.

You need to belittle others into dogmatic blind obession & indoctrination as this is the only pure path to spiritual oneness.

What you think l am wrong!!!! (how dishonest of you) l just told you l was right - l am right because l read it in a book which is the only authorised book written on the subject. What again you question me, how do l know this - becuase it says so Mike - right there at the start - so it must be right. It may even mention it there that if you doubt me then you are wrong - well you must be because l am right.

Confused Mike, well that is just you being dishonest.

All you need to do is relax, read the book, forget about anything intelligent you have learnt previously and give in. Once you do you will realise how you were wrong (and dishonest)

Forget your Buddhism Mike, all that does is allow you to live a life, with strong values like, peace, sharing, togetherness, acceptance and tolerance - they are all dishonest traits Mike.

What you need is Dasa Vedanta. Speak to the best prophet around Dasai ;he can teach you - he is very effective at it. l am sure you can get plenty of glowing references from people here about how effectively he uses grammar and uses words with such whimsical carefree almost dishonest abandon.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 02:30
    be aware that any spirituality that allows for animal cruelty is pseudo spirituality., and also any spirituality that relies on speculation and fabrication is false spirituality.
    What I am "aware" of is that you keep asserting these things. You should be "aware" of the fact that I have no reason to doubt your sincerity when you claim to believe these things that your religion has speculated upon and codified into the dogma and lifestyle that you espouse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree